FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a good machinist near me that can cut and crown barrels. My question is does the ps90 setup require m12x1 lh threads? Or can I just have it threaded to standard 1/2x28 threading?

Trying to figure this all out before my stamp shows up.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
It depends on what your doing..... with your conversion.
Here is a link to " The Riddle Of Steel " he has been at this a long time and from my research is prehaps one of the most knowledgable.
Click on in the Left side toolbar " PS90 SBR Conversions " ( I believe ).

Contact TROS.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
I have a good machinist near me that can cut and crown barrels. My question is does the ps90 setup require m12x1 lh threads? Or can I just have it threaded to standard 1/2x28 threading?

Trying to figure this all out before my stamp shows up.
You can have it threaded any way you like.

·
FN Supporter
433 Posts
You can't have it threaded 1/2-28 as the barrel diameter is 12mm = .472. Also, you must have a muzzle device on there to keep the barrel in the gun and most all muzzle devices are set up around a 10.4" barrel and the M12x1LH threading found on the P90.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
You can't have it threaded 1/2-28 as the barrel diameter is 12mm = .472. Also, you must have a muzzle device on there to keep the barrel in the gun and most all muzzle devices are set up around a 10.4" barrel and the M12x1LH threading found on the P90.
This. :?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome. Good info! I'll just buy one of the thread adapters then. Not sure if I'm going to put a can on it, so I'm just going to rock a basic flash suppressor.

I've also tried contacting tros a couple times but haven't had any luck with phone calls or email. Trying hard to get one of their low profile rails.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts