FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around before asking and still need to know.
Can a barrel (357 sig) be used in a 40 cal gun?
and vise versa?
It is possible in glocks (i've done it) with only a barrel change and I got a yes when I asked about the XD.
Does any one know or have done it?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Except for the fact that .357 Sig operates at much higher pressures... that may not mean anything as far as the barrel is concerned, but you may want to concern yourself with springs. Recoil is a bit crisper with the .357sig than with the .40. There are many pistols that can convert from one to the other, but there is a spring change that accompanies the change over. Be mindful of this... padwan learner. hehehe (that's a joke). You will take some abuse in recoil if you don't upgrade your mainspring.

Zhur

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

I know my choice is narrowed down to the XD and the FNP and just want to look forward to see what tinker options are available.
Lazer max and crimson trace each support the XD but have nothing for FN as of now for example.
Were do you guys shop for parts and upgrades for FNP handguns?
Midway has nothing.
:cry:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think your going to be pressed on parts for now.

I've had XD's before. They are great guns. However, I think the FNP is better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pressure between .40 and .357 are not that drastic, so it shouldn't be a problem. I had an XD9 Service for about a year before switching to the FNP. I just think it is better. Looks a lot better too IMO.

Parts availability is going to be about the same as the FNP. Accessories will in favor of the XD, by far.

·
Registered
102 Posts
ive shot both an XD-40 and my FNP-40 and find the recoil to be much easier to control in the FN which I attribute to the XD having a much heavier slide.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A Heavier slide equates to lower felt recoil. I think What you are noticing is a lower bore axis. The XD has a slightly higher axis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts