FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend scratched my 17 barrel when he removed the factory installed break. Any ancient screats on how to remove them or at least improve it some? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not that big of a deal fellas. I'm board and was just asking.

Reactions: KameronTKelly

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just come up with a good story on how the scratches got there, I was lining up on a nice Buck and the rock gave out my foot was on and threw me off balance and I went down but I got the shot off and dropped it......something along those lines heeheehee..

I would just try a black marker on one small scratch and see what it looks like after rubbing it down with your thumb,might dull it enough to match in better and if it works do the others scratches one at a time, good luck.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Oh, you mean these scratches?

You see I was BASE jumping with my Scar the other day when my rig tangled and failed to inflate. I stabbed my Scar into the side of the cliff and rode it down to slow my descent.

It saved my life.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Someone here had a story about chasing scumbags through the woods that was pretty good :-D!

I feel you though man when that first ding materializes it sucks. Especially when you're not the one who put it there. The first range trip out with mine my old man had his hand over the ejection port. The empty casing bounced off his hand and back into the rifle where the bolt caught and dragged it across the bottom edge of the ejection port. It buggered up the annadizing ever so slightly and I noticed it right away. I was a bit disheartened and my pops was ashamed because he knew how much I had just plopped down on the rifle. But we shook it off and kept it moving. I still notice it but I figure if that's the worst that happens to it over the span of its life I am lucky. I also saw where several people have let the bolt free fall with the charging handle attached to it where it slams into the rear vent rib and leaves a nice little ding. I have almost done this my self. At the end of the day these rifles are going to get dinged up with normal use and I just have to accept that. I don't own a safe queen of any kind and I don't plan on it at this stage of my life but I'm still young so who knows.

Any who let me know if that bluing pen works out because I might have to order a few of those for the range bag.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, you mean these scratches?

You see I was BASE jumping with my Scar the other day when my rig tangled and failed to inflate. I stabbed my Scar into the side of the cliff and rode it down to slow my descent.

It saved my life.
Exactly. That's this guy. VVVVVVVVVV Mr. "Do you even SF" He has scratched his SCAR many times on all the desert missions he has been on. :lol:

You're worried about those ???

·
Registered
600 Posts
The first range trip out with mine my old man had his hand over the ejection port. The empty casing bounced off his hand and back into the rifle where the bolt caught and dragged it across the bottom edge of the ejection port. It buggered up the annadizing ever so slightly and I noticed it right away. I was a bit disheartened and my pops was ashamed because he knew how much I had just plopped down on the rifle. But we shook it off and kept it moving. I still notice it,
Your right it's not so bad Kam and just think from now on you've got a little piece of your pop's in or on your scar to remind you of him from now on. So he'll always be with you in that rifle as long as you own it a scar on your scar so to speak :?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I remember when I use to care about having a pristine and always clean firearms. Now I barely even clean them....

if if you think that is bad take a 2-3 day class and see how your rifle looks.

just giving you a hard time. Don't worry about those little marks and go shooting

1 - 20 of 25 Posts