Wanted to start by saying that I appreciate any feedback given regarding my questions and please understand that the Scar is my first rifle that I ever owned besides an old .22 back when I was a child. So if it sounds like i'm asking basic questions, bare with me.
- Do I need to lube the whole thing up?
- I've googled this question before and I've had a mix of answers. Some say that lubing protects everything from the elements and that it's not going to hurt anything to do so. Others say it's unnecessary and can cause nasty issues.
- What's the best way to remove lube that was accidentally pushed into the gas system?
- I know your not suppose to lube that up but I was absent minded and got a little bit in there. Can I use some Hoppes Aerosol to just blast the oil out of there?
- Is it safe to technically dunk the rifle in a solution of solvent to remove all traces of oil/gunk if needed?
- I like to clean things that are mine and this rifle is no different. I can sit down for hours just taking a cotton swab to all the nook and crannies to remove any carbon build up.
- What do you guys use to apply oil onto your Scar?
- I'm used to using cotton patches but they start to leave strands of cotton behind and it just doesn't look clean.