FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there's no LEO forum here, I'll just ask: and yes, I'used the search function.

Who, other than Safariland, offers a duty holster for the FNX-40 with an M-3 tac light mounted? Nothing against Safariland, but I'm not known to follow the rest of the herd. I saw an Aker nightguard, but I'm not buying the first thing to present itself, esp ecially for 150 dollars. Must be leather or leather-look basketweave.
I think I've worn out google looking.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Safariland is the only one that I know of. Blade tech does not offer basket weave as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So are there many more things kept secret around here?

·
Registered
19 Posts
You know, I'm sort of looking for the same thing. My current set up is a FNX45 Tactical with an RMR and a Surefire X300U.

I bought a BladeTech holster, but I'm not happy with the quality of it and the armorers and range master aren't happy with the retention system of the BladeTech.

I would like to get a Safariland holster, and possibly dremel out a spot for the RMR to fit.

Any ideas on Level 3 Safariland holsters (or similar) that I could make my FNX fit in with that setup? I have heard it is possibly compatible with the Safariland holsters for the XD and USP45, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

KenW, I apologize in advance for high-jacking your thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hijack? Go ahead. I haven't learned anything here anyway. The high road, XDtalk and officer.com are more friendly and helpful.

Reactions: J.polisi

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will revert to lurking. Not ready to place this forum in the "glocktalk" column yet.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience. I've been watching this thread. I've been trying to find the best level two carry as well. I didn't know about any LEO forum on her either. I don't think Jhs was trying to be smart. There's paid membership access on here. I don't know what the real difference is. I just sent Safariland an email asking this very question. I currently use the 6390HP-73-131-AG from safariland for a Beretta 92D. It looks different from the pic. I really like it. I'll let you know if they get back with me about a fit for my fnx with rmr and tlr2-g.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Safariland's 6280/6285 rotating-hood duty holster is available made specifically for the FNX45 (they list it as for the FNP45 but same external dimensions). The model number is 6280-261-xx (last 3 digits are finish, STX tactical, basketweave, etc). It is NOT listed on their website however. Best bet is to contact your local Safariland LE rep for your region. If you want to carry a light mounted to the gun, you will have to go with Safariland's 6280 for an XD45 5" with light, because Safariland will not get off their ass and make a light-mounted holster for this pistol despite my constant pestering, nor do they have any plans to make an ALS or 6360 for it. The model number for the XD with light is 6280-14921-XX. Out of the quantity of these I ordered for my department, half of them fit fine, the other half had to be "tweaked" to fit (i.e.- I had to take a heat gun and heat the holster to expand it slightly, and leave the light-mounted FNX45 sit in it 'til it cooled. Keep in mind you can you can only do this if you order the STX finish or STX basketweave finish. If the holster is their proprietary Safari-Laminate, you'll only suceed in melting the vinyl coating. If you are running a TLR-1 light the XD holster, once tweaked, is fine. If you are using a Surefire X300, you'll have to push the plastic cap that covers the light bezel out the bottom of the holster a little further and Super-glue it back in place, as the X300 is slightly longer and the hood will drag on the hammer when you try to rotate it if you don't do this to allow the pistol to seat deeper. For mag-pouches, the only flap-closure ones we have found that work are Safariland's quad mag-pouch for 4 single stack .45 mags, with the elastic divider removed. Any open-top Glock 21 mag-pouch will work, but on the Glock 21 flap-closure mag-pouches the straps were too short to even stretch to fit.​

1 - 14 of 14 Posts