FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you all had great Xmas and Santa gave you all the weaponry you covet.

I have been out of the gaming world for a while now - BUT! Got this game for one of my kids for Xmas - and I really enjoy playing it. It's on the old Xbox 360 so not the best of graphics but the game play is entertaining. Reason I post this because I saw a couple of handles from 5seven forum on my squad the other day and they were exited to play along. It was great fun. Mind you, I'm a newb so I get powned all the time - knifed most often. Frustrating as hell but I always get a chuckle being knifed.

The game is played by all ages and professions - military alike.

I thought there has to be interest in getting FN Forum members into a server, or at least band together and play together. It would extend your experience here to play with your forum friends on-line. Nothing better to do than when snowed in or bored. I know that summer takes a beating in the gaming world - people do more productive activities outside with their families.

Just gauging the interest at this time.

Of course, my handle is Thermallator in the xbox world, so don't be shy and friend me when I'm on-line. I love sniping :target: cause I get knifed in CQB. :oops:

Cheers,

-Therm

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yes this is definitely a good game! I am decent at best and have been trying recently to become a sniper in it, and man is that pretty difficult for me. Im slowly getting better at it though. I had it on the XBOX360 then the wife decided to upgrade me to the XboxONE so now Im on there. So not to steal your thread but if there's any X1 players that want to get together online, let me know!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Man, we should start a gaming thread in here. Lol....I have a PS4 so if anybody would like to join me let me know as I only have Killzone and Assassin's Creed. If enough guys are interested I'll go out and grab Battlefield for sure.

Reactions: togjr9

·
Registered
404 Posts
I got BF4 on XBox One. My gt is of course: "Two Six Six"

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have bf4 and cod ghost on ps4, but I primarily play multiplayer on bf4 because it is more realistic and fun than COD IMO. My user name is fmjblack.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Play both CoD and BF on a Xbox 360. My son is my beta tester for the Xbox One. The graphics look sick.

On another note, check out the game "Breach and Clear" for Android and Iphone...It's a lot like the original Rainbow 6 game from the 90's. If you know how to clear a room with a 4 man stack, it'll be fun. If you don't...Well, there IS a replay button.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have bf4 and cod ghost on ps4, but I primarily play multiplayer on bf4 because it is more realistic and fun than COD IMO. My user name is fmjblack.
Yeah it's definitely more realistic. I am a very aggressive runner though and when I try that in Battlefield I get hit by someone hiding a long ways away before I can even get to anyone. Too many long sightlines and patient people that just want to hide.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah it's definitely more realistic. I am a very aggressive runner though and when I try that in Battlefield I get hit by someone hiding a long ways away before I can even get to anyone. Too many long sightlines and patient people that just want to hide.
I tend to be an aggressive runner 90% of the time as well. You can negate much of the sniper/camping issues by playing certain modes that don't favor snipers (smaller maps on team deathmatch) and learning the maps well enough to figure out where to run to stay fairly safe from snipers. It can be a fun challenge drawing fire from snipers so that they give away their position and then flanking them for a knife kill.

·
Registered
877 Posts
PC Battlefield gamer here. I'm sad the F2000 didn't make the cut for this game, but the Five seven is my go to sidearm.

·
Registered
604 Posts
PC Battlefield gamer here. I'm sad the F2000 didn't make the cut for this game, but the Five seven is my go to sidearm.
Two words: Splinter Cell. You'll get your fill of digital supressed FiveseveN goodness.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I'm a big time runner myself, the only way that seems to work is in team death match, any others matches and it's tough. Try the ol' circle around mutilple times and you'll be surprised how many guys you will catch slipping.

PS3 only- SplittinWigz add me and send message that you are an FNF'r

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm a big time runner myself, the only way that seems to work is in team death match, any others matches and it's tough. Try the ol' circle around mutilple times and you'll be surprised how many guys you will catch slipping.

PS3 only- SplittinWigz add me and send message that you are an FNF'r
Yeah i get ya. A big part of it is the distance you have to travel. In Call of Duty within 10 seconds of the match starting I will usually have already killed 2 or 3 guys. I havent played BF4 but I gave BF3 a good go. I'm surprised there aren't more Call of Duty people here.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Just saw the promo video for Second Assault coming out on Feb 18. The F2000 makes a guest appearance and the soldier does the HK slap when reloading. Can't wait!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts