FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new SCAR 17S, and noticed that -- for a military rifle -- it doesn't have any sort of bayonet lug. So, to keep the other rifles in our family collection from making fun of it, does anyone know of a bayonet lug for this rifle? Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
7,913 Posts
I could be wrong here but IIRC even the Mk17/SCAR-H is lacking a bayo lug. Then again, when was the last time other than on TV or at the theater anyone heard "FIX BAYONETS!!"?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
How about a silencer/suppressor company make a silencer with either a mount for a bayonet (maybe alignment problem) or make a silencer with a bayonet already attached. Of course that would just be for funnies

·
Registered
332 Posts
How about a silencer/suppressor company make a silencer with either a mount for a bayonet (maybe alignment problem) or make a silencer with a bayonet already attached. Of course that would just be for funnies

Oh man, that gives me an idea!

How about a suppressor company make a suppressor for a bayonet? If you stab someone with it, it suppresses the noises the stabee (is that a legit word?) makes when stabbed.

·
Administrator
11,917 Posts
Much like the mess kit, times change and what was once a standard item is no longer needed.

The intent behind the modern arms is to kill your perpetrator long before they are within stabbing range.

I am fine without a bayonet lug as long as I can eliminate my perpetrator hundreds of yards downrange.

A bayonet is a fine attachment for extreme CQC but I don't intend anyone to get that close to me. A bayonet on my belt is just fine for the needs I have.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The B&T TP9/MP9 suppressor has an integrated picatinny rail underneath it. What you're suggesting can be done if someone really wanted to do it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes, those pesky Zombies. They're everywhere.

Speaking of Zombies, did you guys ever consider that Christ was a zombie? After all, he did come back from the dead...

·
Banned
105 Posts
Here's what I've purchase for ALL my neutered long guns & THEY WORK GREAT!!! A rifle without a bayonet aren't REAL battle rifles without a pigsticker. Seems that over the last 15 years or so it's been the Libtard PC Pentagon crowd that's dictated no more hanging little black, brown, yellow or white men from the end of a rifle. My Drill Sergeants have been rolling over in their graves at the very thought of no more thrusting a bayonet to the hilt into the chest cavity of a formerly living 140 lbs. of humankind and withdrawing it with aid of pulling the trigger several times to dislodge the muzzle from the human sternum. Besides, today's feminized, pregnant, binary and tranny members of our military don't have the upper body strength or genitalia to properly employ the manual of arms of the bayonet. They all stick like girls...

·
Registered
332 Posts
So, what you're saying is you've "explored the human chest cavity with a bayonet", presumably mounted to a 3D metal printed part?

Oook then.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Well well ain’t this an interesting conversation.
I visit this site for up to date news and specs on firearms.

I stick around for the "interesting conversations"!
The B&T TP9/MP9 suppressor has an integrated picatinny rail underneath it. What you're suggesting can be done if someone really wanted to do it.

That is a pretty cool idea. I have an Osprey45. I assume that you can index that suppressor so that you can put the rail section at any clock position 3,6,9, or any.

·
Premium Member
7,913 Posts
So, what you're saying is you've "explored the human chest cavity with a bayonet", presumably mounted to a 3D metal printed part?

Oook then.
Well well ain’t this an interesting conversation.

He's a Marine, well so he says anywayz. Funny thing about Rangers and Marines, we don't particularly care for Marines. There are exceptions of course but for the most part Jarheads have issues could be the result of having their heads in jars, probably jars that are too small.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts