FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put one of these on my scar17 caught the last hour of range time after work and of course i was in a hurry to get out there so i forgot all my mags. had to single load. the wife is still laughinmg about a single shot scar17. anyway WHAT a DIFFERENCE this thing is over the pws brake!!!! recoil was really reduced and percieved backblast and concussion effect was about on par with a flash hider.

im realllly impressed with this device. i installed using the supplied crush washer seems to be fine.

heading out again tomorrow WITH magazines.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
couple of shots with the new bcm 762 comp. i let the handguard rest on the block and was only pulling the stock into my shoulder with my free hand, trigger hand was loose just enough to pull the trigger.

i took off the hearing protection earlier for one shot to see what it sounded like. outside it would be doable sans hearing protection as in a hunting situation if you didnt have time. unlike the PWS your not disturbing the neighbors lefta nd right and your not knocking your own teeth out. this one is a winner in my opinion.

this was taken with my cellphone so its shaky.

·
Registered
255 Posts
yeah its typically how most muzzle devices are timed and locked in place. the scar17 ships with a pws brake and lock washer as there is very little shoulder after the threading.
The SCAR 17 ships with a PWS brake and lock nut, not a lock washer.

Did not think that there would be enough of a barrel shoulder for a crush washer to fit/function.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The SCAR 17 ships with a PWS brake and lock nut, not a lock washer.

Did not think that there would be enough of a barrel shoulder for a crush washer to fit/function.
i meant to say lock nut. i didnt think there was going to be enough shoulder but its working just fine. thought i might have to use the nut. only thing is you need a really thin wrench or it gets stuck between the washer and comp. bcm should have made the cut out for the wrench big enough to get an ar15 wrench in there

·
Registered
243 Posts
i put one of these on my scar17 .... anyway WHAT a DIFFERENCE this thing is over the pws brake!!!! recoil was really reduced and percieved backblast and concussion effect was about on par with a flash hider.
Any updates on his brake? I'm interested in doing the same...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do it. Ive been using it for a while now and am totally happy with its performance.

Anything in particular you want to know beyound whats above??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts