FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the forum guys! Hope you like the site changes!

However, as membership grows, so does our expenses. If you chose to donate and help support the forum, your donation will be used to help pay for our ever increasing bandwidth costs, our hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance costs.

Donations result in the following benefits:

1. Members who cheerfully donate to the FN Forum will get either a Custom Title of their choosing (assuming it is "appropriate" :wink: ) or a special title notating your donation.

2. Supporting members also get access to a special section of the site that only supporting members, administrators and site sponsors can access.

These benefits will be good for one year, then you'll need to renew your donation.

- Donations of $5 - $20 gets the rank of "FN Silver Member"

- Donations of $25 - $50 get either a custom rank or the rank of "FN Gold Member"

- Donations of $55 - $99 or more gets either a custom rank or the rank of "FN Platinum Member"

- Donations of $100 or more gets either a custom rank or the rank of "FN Lifetime Member"

Donations can be made by clicking on the "Paypal Donate" icon at the top of any page. If you choose to donate, please complete the Paypal transaction AND PM me (Shipwreck) personally afterwards. Let me know that you donated AND give me your user name (we have had donators forget to give us their screen name). I'll then make the change to your account.

·
Vendor
5,593 Posts
:oops: Paypal????? I will not use them because of their huge anti-gun stance. I'm sure you don't have much of a choice. Can I send a check instead? PM me to where I can send it.
Thanks,
M1P90

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
M1P90 said:
:oops: Paypal????? I will not use them because of their huge anti-gun stance. I'm sure you don't have much of a choice. Can I send a check instead? PM me to where I can send it.
Thanks,
M1P90
I agree with you, but I look at it another way. I use paypal to buy stuff or donate funds to firearms forums in spite of their stance... I use their service to help firearm/2A activity, so I use their service against them as it were.

TA

·
Administrator
11,087 Posts
Have you looked at NetBilling instead of PayPal? I would also prefer to not use PayPal because of their stance on gun issues. I boycot many things because of either political or personal stances. Some examples:

Dunkin' Doughnuts - French owned. Will not support our troops in Iraq.
Jane Fonda - Need I say more?
Johnny Depp - Comments made in Germany about the US
Richard Deqn Anderson - What a hypocrite
Michael Bloomberg and NYC - Grow up and let citizens protect themselves
NY, CA, DC, IA, KS, MA, MO - becaue of their stance on firearms and Class III items (MI was in there but they recently changed their stance of Class III items)

There are many others as well (too many to list), and I know that what I do does not amount to a hill of beans, but to me, I am making a difference by not spending my hard earned monies at these places, or on these persons by boycotting their states/movies or whatever.

So PM me an address and I will send a check.

Thanks

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
90% of the sites that take donations use paypal. But, any alternative is up to Therm, as he is the site owner.

I myself donated to the Walther Forum a while back, and just used Paypal.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Therm will be getting a PO Box soon to accept donations that way. So, anyone who isn't comfortable with Paypal but wants to donate - let me know. I'll give you the PO Box when he gets it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts