Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very dangerous ,sad & Scary! :grin:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Common knowledge and has been discussed before but 10 out of 10 failures is "Unacceptable"!
This dude is a Cop!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The truth sometimes hurts and the guy in vid says he loves the 509 Tactical but would never carry one due to that issue!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This issue with the 509 has been discussed here before, but i was shocked how bad it is! I had thought a few failures but every time!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: macman1138

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't get it, unless the firing pin system has some sort of hydraulic lock up due to the water. I think the guy should stick his head in the bucket then try it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I watched the Military Arms Channel (MAC) guy do a test on the 509 full-size pistol with numerous failures. What the thread-linked video guy does differently is that he's already got a round chambered when he dunks the pistol whereas MAC shows the guy dunking the gun and then chambering a round. How difficult would be to get Ghost Inc. or some other small arms accessory manufacturer to make a set for the 509? Just curious

·
Registered
950 Posts
I don't get it, unless the firing pin system has some sort of hydraulic lock up due to the water. I think the guy should stick his head in the bucket then try it.
That is the problem exactly. The channel that the striker rides in fills with water. When he pulls it out of the bucket and fires it immediately the water does not have time to drain. Since water can not be compressed like air, it causes the striker to have a light strike on the primer that does not cause the round to fire. Is a pretty common problem with striker fired guns. The guns that have the issue will have it 100% of the time unless you lengthen the time that it is out of the water so that it can drain. The solution would be to put some additional methods for the water to drain out of the channel faster, then there it is less likely to cause a light strike. Some people see it as more of an issue than others. In all of the years that I have carried a firearm I have never had a time where I had the gun completely under the water or had to fire one within a second of it coming out of being completely submerged. If I was in that situation on a regular basis I would likely look at a hammer fired weapon that is less likely (although not totally immune) to suffer from that same malfunction.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maritime Cups solves this issue and are available for many guns, Glocks usually dont need any but the 19X does have them!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Let me get this right, if I submerge my 509T in water and flash freeze it, umm it won’t be reliable! If I submerge anything I own until bubbles stop coming out of it, I’m in deep sheit! Like, for starters I need to make sure I don’t fuken drown, cause I’m drunk an fell outta the boat! Seriously, I’ve got 2k through my 509 tac with no failures to load or eject, what am I doing wrong? The B.S. so called testing is really a joke unless you’re a Navy Seal or equivalent!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Take the POS and dunk it in water and then if u need to shoot it u can still use it but only if U"Throw" it! Cant believe it was submitted for the Army Trials!
Its no different with the 509 then it was in the Middle Ages when rifles could not be used in rain or stormy weather because when the burning fuses to ignite the powder got wet they would not fire like the 509!

So its a dry weather only use gun! :grin:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
U might try to learn how to post an "Attachment"!

All i said is the truth!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The bad part starts at 15:20 min mark but U could always carry that thing with empty chamber and rack & fire after being in rain/water! :roll: :-D :grin:

·
Registered
980 Posts
These are the same guys that faulted an FNS9 for not firing after it had been immersed in gunk (mud and water).

When it failed to fire, the tester pushed the trigger forward and tried again. IF the striker had released -- and it might have -- pushing the trigger forward would, by design, do NOTHING, as slide movement is required if the striker has been released.

If the striker had NOT been released (or if released did not ignite the striker), it was because of gunk in the striker area, and pushing the trigger forward can have no effect on that. (It isn't a double-action hammer-fired weapon!)

The Department of Defense and the U.S. Army doesn't do the sort of tests MAC does. Wonder why? They seem to be more concerned about reliability during high-round-count tests, and safety during drop tests.

(After a number of efforts, I've been unable to find out much about the Army's test schedules. If anypne has more information about the testing, please share it with us.)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What same guys? This is 1 person who is a cop and is very knowledgeable and he also has commented about the FNS9 but he has "Nothing" to do with MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
What same guys? This is 1 person who is a cop and is very knowledgeable and he also has commented about the FNS9 but he has "Nothing" to do with MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My my, a little touchy eh? You’re right, your tester is “one guy”, but only one guy! Because he’s a Cop and you believe him to be “very knowledgeable” doesn’t mean that his testing has any scientific basis for conclusion other than his backyard results! Obviously you just want to argue ad infinitum, the only card you hold is your so called (by you) YouTube expert! You don’t like the gun, we get it! Don’t buy one! Whatever you do get, keep it in a bucket of water till it’s needed. Let me also suggest you use a metal bucket so you can create a electrolysis experiment for some cockamamie YouTube video. Oh and please try not to shiver like a house cat when you reach into the bucket when conducting your scientific “Bill Nye” experiment, looks a bit “femi”.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts