FN Herstal Firearms banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I called FN today. Spoke with the Sevice Dept. I inquired if any recent changes had been made to the 509 strikers or striker channel. I explained, as ridiculous as think it might be, there were plenty of people who have brought up how the 509 hydro locks after being submerged in water, and a new video is out clearly showing the 509 being submerged repeatedly and firing immediately upon removal from water. Explaining this is the first vid out of perhaps dozens of vids, and many other people testing them, there must have been some kind of design change to the pistol. He said there have been no design changes in the striker - and yes I pressed on that a little bit because of all the breakages that have happened. But he insisted no changes to the striker has been made. We will be able to verify that by seeing if MGW discontinues one and starts selling another model number. But I believe him regarding no changes in the striker.

But wait ! There's more !

I inquired about the striker channel, claiming something must have been done with it, because there is obviously a day and night difference in how the pistol is reacting to water submersion tests. Well well - what do you know.... He claimed there has been no changes to the striker channel, but there is a drain hole in the striker channel to allow water to drain out. He said that hole has always been in the 509 pistols. My pistols aren't 509's, they are FNS pistols. And sitting here with my pistol separated upper from lower, I see no drain whole in my striker channel. I'm betting early model 509's don't have the drain hole, and the new one's do. I'm hoping folks here on the forum will check their pistols to see if they have a drain hole in the striker channel. I truly believe this is a quiet and under the table thing FN has done. Now I'm glad they addressed the issue, but I would prefer some honesty. And of course, I could be wrond. But we've all seen the videos, and something has absolutely changed.

Think about it, we already had the "voluntary service announcement" on the original striker for a safety issue. I don't think they want to do a second recall, or "service announcement", for the same part. And since it's the striker channel I believe they have modified, then it's still in the "striker" sphere of relation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very dangerous ,sad & Scary! 😁

ya know what....I have a 509/c/t brand new without a singleround ever even chambered. I saw your vid and did your test. I wasnt planning on posting any results so I could’ve cared less to record it. But my pistol had zero failures out of 5 dunks. Just sayin...then I ran to my bench screaming “WHAT HAVE I DOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!” And then started crying while apologizing voraciously as I cleaned it

·
Registered
387 Posts
then I ran to my bench screaming “WHAT HAVE I DOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!” And then started crying while apologizing voraciously as I cleaned it

Uhhhh. What have you done? You ran a tool through an environment it should be more than able to function in.
I really hope you didn't start crying about, and apologizing to an inanimate object... something tells me the gun gave zero farks about what you did to it, your apologies or your feelings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Uhhhh. What have you done? You ran a tool through an environment it should be more than able to function in.
I really hope you didn't start crying about, and apologizing to an inanimate object... something tells me the gun gave zero farks about what you did to it, your apologies or your feelings.
geez, what’s with you people? It was a joke...have you ever heard of such a thing? Or is the sarcasm and anger you attempt to throw my way just your natural frustration at life because I swear I have never seen the likes of something directed at someone for absolutely no reason. I did nothing wrong

·
Registered
387 Posts
geez, what’s with you people?
How much time do you have?

It was a joke...have you ever heard of such a thing?
The concept is vaguely familiar. Sadly, your delivery of the "joke" sucked a big pair.

Or is the sarcasm and anger you attempt to throw my way just your natural frustration at life because I swear I have never seen the likes of something directed at someone for absolutely no reason.
Sarcasm? You've never been subjected to sarcasm? Were you raised in a nunnery that practiced absolute coventry and disallowed access to that there Internet thing, and you're just now finding it?
Anger? At what, some random dude with one dog and one gun? Yeah. Absolutely fuming, over here. For absolutely no reason, you understand.
And there is a reason for everything in life. Just because you can't properly deliver a "joke", doesn't mean there is no reason for sarcasm.

I did nothing wrong
I'll take your word for it.

Now, go pull the tampon out and quit getting your feelers hurt over the Internet. Maybe grow a bit of a thicker "Internet skin"? Or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How much time do you have?

The concept is vaguely familiar. Sadly, your delivery of the "joke" sucked a big pair.

Sarcasm? You've never been subjected to sarcasm? Were you raised in a nunnery that practiced absolute coventry and disallowed access to that there Internet thing, and you're just now finding it?
Anger? At what, some random dude with one dog and one gun? Yeah. Absolutely fuming, over here. For absolutely no reason, you understand.
And there is a reason for everything in life. Just because you can't properly deliver a "joke", doesn't mean there is no reason for sarcasm.

I'll take your word for it.

Now, go pull the tampon out and quit getting your feelers hurt over the Internet. Maybe grow a bit of a thicker "Internet skin"? Or not.
Wow, real mature. You speak with such anger and contempt at everyone for absolutely no reason? Well, it’s obvious you do. you should stop insinuating that woman are somehow inferior. Your message is quite clear. You can’t take a joke, you hate anyone you don’t know, you think woman are unequal and you probably go home and beat your dog daily after a miserable day in your life. Again I didn’t do anything wrong to you. Your hate towards me is completely unfounded and any argument you have in thinking your right has no validity. I hope you enjoy another hateful day in your life that you created sir

·
Registered
4 Posts
Or is it that your hate and anger towards me is the fact that my brand new never fired pistol had zero malfunctions during the submersion test? Are you hateful and jealous because your gear is subpar and failed? And the only way you can vent your hate is in text format at a complete stranger? I think I’m pretty close. You should change your hateful life into something positive and happy. There’s more to life then having a bunch of guns that happen to be subpar and can’t pass a dunk test. Not my money but hey...there is hope for you sir

·
Registered
387 Posts
Wow, real mature. You speak with such anger and contempt at everyone for absolutely no reason?
Why, of course! Only way to go, especially when mad about sup-par stuff.

And it's obvious that whatever your problem is, it's very difficult to pronounce.

you should stop insinuating that woman are somehow inferior.
'Da Fuq'?

Your message is quite clear.
Clear as mud?

You can’t take a joke,
Stop looking in the mirror.

you hate anyone you don’t know, you think woman are unequal and you probably go home and beat your dog daily after a miserable day in your life.
There's that "unequal women" thing again. Are you projecting?

Again I didn’t do anything wrong to you.
At least you got one right.

Your hate towards me is completely unfounded and any argument you have in thinking your right has no validity. I hope you enjoy another hateful day in your life that you created sir
If I "hated" you, you'd know it, junior.

Or is it that your hate and anger towards me is the fact that my brand new never fired pistol had zero malfunctions during the submersion test?
Oh yes. This upsets me greatly! I don't know how to cope with this... "fact".

Are you hateful and jealous because your gear is subpar and failed?
Well... you know, not everyone can have top of the line l33t Special Warfare Operator gear, like apparently you do. Do you get your top of the line gear from some secret members only club?... John?

And the only way you can vent your hate is in text format at a complete stranger?
I was going to take it out on my dog (according to you), but he's a no-nonsense Belgian Malinois/German Shepard. He bites very hard in two instances. When he thinks you're attacking him, or when he hears his bite command. I've seen what he does to flesh... I'd rather not try to beat him.

I think I’m pretty close.
Cool story, bruh!... oh wait.... You're close to what? Making yourself look like a complete t00l? I'd have to agree with that.

You should change your hateful life into something positive and happy.
Yeah, I know, but man, I think I'd be much happier if you would buy for me one of your Sooper Dooper Special Warfare quality guns, since all of my guns are... you know, "subpar' and all. Or, maybe, you oculd hook me up with a membership invite to your super secret gun club where they sell nothing but the best?

There’s more to life then having a bunch of guns that happen to be subpar and can’t pass a dunk test. Not my money but hey...there is hope for you sir
Reading comprehension eludes you, doesn't it?

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'd like to see a picture of this striker channel drain hole. Could someone with a 2020 or newer 509 post a picture of the bottom of their slide?

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Well hell, I guess I'll give both mine away now. Oh wait, I don't swim with my pistol.
Well, I'm saddened that I won't be able to carry mine while sharkfin surfing even after spending copious amounts of clams on a waterproof IWB holster customized to be worn with a Speedo. This upsets me greatly actually.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts