FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I haven't tried that one, but I did buy a green laser off of ebay last year. It was rated at 5mW, but I think it was underrated. I've read that most of these chinese lasers on ebay are actually more powerful than they claim to be.

It was TOO bright for indoor use. If I shined the green light on the wall, it hurt my eyes just to look at it. U could also see the beam, and it lit up a dark room like a flashlight. It was visible to at least 800 yards at night (probably further, I just had nothing further away to shine it on), and U could see it at 100 yards during the day.

I ended up selling it because it was just too bright for what I wanted it for - mainly indoor use. Now, for strictly outdoor use, it would have been nice - U could have sighted it in at 100 yards. But, I didn't think it was safe for the eyes, and I sold it to someone who wanted it strictly for outdoor use.

Now, the laser U talked about - I've read mixed stuff about it on AR15.com - I also don't think it is as bright as the one I got from ebay. I've read some people claim to be disappointed in the brightness.

All I can offer...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think as long as it's visible at 100 yds at daytime it will be enough for what I will use it for which is outdoor shooting. It seems kinda big for my liking though.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Well, as that Beamshot supposedly isn't as bright as that chinese one I ordered, I'm not sure if it will go the 100 yards in the daylight like the one I had. I seem to remember 1 guy complaining on Ar15 about it not being as bright as he had hoped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this laser mounted to my PS90. I had it mounted to my HK USC, but since my PS90 is my new baby, its on her. I absolutely love this laser. Not overly bright indoors, but bright enough I can see it out at 50 yds during the day. Unlimited visibility at night outdoors. I would it admit, it is a bit pricey, lucky for me I got it in a trade. As I said before, it is a great laser; I would have no fear about getting another.
I have it mounted with a surefire light on the same side with the aid of an extended rail and yankee hill 5 slot offset mount. Both light and laser are mounted on the right hand side with the cords snaked through to the left hand side for control by both thumbs. I am still trying to decide on a sling. Not that you care about my set up, just thought I would share.
I hope this helps, feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi thanks for the info. It looks like the version with the integrated rail mount is the one I'll be getting. It's much neater than with a separate mount. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts