FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well...some might remember (but i wont hold it against u if u dont) when i joined months ago and seemed to stop postin..i have been lurkin...i just came to my senses and realize and long list of guns is not a good investment for a college student living in the city...so...my money has been sinkin into my sports car :-D

however...with the recent law change...i have been considerin a handgun...ive been tossin around the idea of a glock or fnp....definately .40 or .45

there have been some recent inccidents that make me want to get one asap...there have been 2 shootings at local drag strips in the past few weeks....and the fact that i get off work around 2am and have to walk 200 yards to my car....and im movin from an apt to a house...and the neighborhood is nice...but the neighborhood i have to go thru isnt all that great....thugs walkin down the streets and stuff....me and my roommates are all over 6 foot and of decent build...but the extra security wouldnt hurt...

how do u guys like ur fn pistols....

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I just got one in 9mm, and while I have only made 1 trip to the range with it so far, I was shocked at how accurate it was.

As for 40 cal - I'm not a real fan of that caliber. I have one 40 cal - a Beretta PX4. It handles the recoil so well that U would think you are shooting a 9mm).

Everyone seems to love the 45 FNP too. Big gun, though, and would be harder to conceal.

I'm concealing my 9mm FNP now, though.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
The FNP9 is as accurate as my other 9's and has been very reliable so far. They are relatively inexpensive for the quality of gun that they are. I don't have ant experience with the 40.

·
Registered
39 Posts
45 big and bad

the 45, dude, talk about security. They will haul ass just by lookin at the big hole in the end of this gun. It is easily as accurate as my 9 mm 92FS. One handed shots ain't a problem and I'm not a big guy.

the duck

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If you're going to conceal your pistol and .40 is the minimum caliber choice, go for the .40. It it dimensionally the same as the 9mm version, and is much easier to hide than the .45 which is a monster. If you are just going to keep it in your house or car, maybe the .45 would be a better choice. The .40 shoots great and I can hit torso sized targets just fine with it at different distances. Maybe it's not as soft to shoot as the 9 or 45, but you can hit with it just fine. You should see Venison Hunter's targets, his groupings are really good with the .40.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got a frickin 9, couldn't stand it. Still trying to conjure up a way to hide the 45. Now I have to go shoot the 9 but I already know how icredible it will shoot because it's big brother is a work of art.

nuff said

jkbduck

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
jkbduck said:
Got a frickin 9, couldn't stand it. Still trying to conjure up a way to hide the 45. Now I have to go shoot the 9 but I already know how icredible it will shoot because it's big brother is a work of art.

nuff said

jkbduck
:? :? :? :?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts