FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the owner of an FNP9 and am beginning to feel I made a big mistake in purchasing this pistol. The lack of aftermarket sights and holsters for FN pistols is depressing. The only company currently making night sights for my FN9 is Ameriglo. Why haven't the rest of the sight companies started making sights for the FN pistols? Is there something about FN they know that I don't know? I really wanted the HiViz sights (green) but still no deal for FN!! The factory apparently uses Trijicon nite sites on the pistols that are equipped with them. Can I buy those sights from FN?

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Ameriglo uses Trijicon inserts for their sights!!!!!! If you want a holster check out a Bianchi model 6 IWB, size 14, for concealed carry, its not a "hard" holster, its soft so its hardly noticeable when wearing it. Plus it doesn't have a thumb snap which is a plus since you don't want to take extra time to draw your weapon.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
The gun has only been out for 2 years or so, so that has something to do with it. As it becomes more popular, you'll see more stuff for them.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
I don't think you can buy factory night sights directly, you'd have to go through Ameriglo. I've tried getting sights from Trijicon but they told me they sell their inserts to Ameriglo who makes night sights for FN pistols. For some reason Trijicon doesn't make sights for FN, but they do make night sights for the Browning Hi-Power :-? .

Why would you want night sights from anyone else that doesn't use Trijicon inserts? Trijicon night sights have a warranty for 10 years!!!! You can't beat that, and they are relatively inexpensive considering how long they last.

·
Registered
95 Posts
djv38 said:
The gun has only been out for 2 years or so, so that has something to do with it. As it becomes more popular, you'll see more stuff for them.
I have to second that. It is a relative new gun to the market. This is nothing new I remember very well when the ugly glock 17 lol entered the market back in 1986. It was a fair amount of time before we could get anything except the plastic sight for them. Not to mention the myraid of products available for them now. But remember the Glock has been with us for 22 years.

I sure don't think you will have to wait too much longer for companies like Trijicon and XS and some of the others to get on the band wagon. But as companys bring out almost a new gun of the month here like they have in the last two years it's hard for them to keep up. Development is a slow process. Have patience and you will be rewarded. I don't really mean that glocks were ugly but at that time all were were used to was Blue and Nickel for a finish.

Now look at all of the different finishes available for guns. You have a great 9mm pistol there and from the stand point of collectibility, at some point down the road you will be able to say that you were one of the the first to jump on the gun in it's early production. How does it shoot?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I agree with the others. Things take time, unfortunately....

ALso - as I have prev stated - holsters for the XD9/40 will fit the FNP fine. I have a Galco FLETCH that fits the FNP perfectly. AFter a week of stretching the strap to go over the hammer, it's a perfect fit now. Others have used other styles of XD holsters as well.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Yep, if you want to accessorize your gun like my wife accessorizes her wardrobe you need a better bandwagon gun.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Email the holster companies let them know theres a need. I just emailed Kramer for a holster for a Walther PPS. Its not listed but low and behold he can do it.

Anyone remember when there werent a whole lot of accessories for the AR15? Now theres a complete aftermarket industry.

sorry for the OT

drew

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Indeed....things do take time...at least you bought a nice and reliable hand gun! I went to bass pro shop and got to handle a FNP 9mm and i must say i fell in love. The guy was trying to sell me a FiveseveN and i was like sorry i have two already!! :?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My only gripe is that my wife likes mine so much that I can't shoot it.

I do wish that Comp-tac would make a holster for them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts