FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I've been eyeing these P320's since they came to light. I have always been a fan of Sig but sadly separated with an awesome P220 18 years ago. 18 years later I have the latest, greatest and most state of the art striker fired pistol in existence. Sorry FNS/c but there's simply no comparison and believe me I compared at length and in great detail. So far it appears all the good things said and written about the P320 seem to be spot on. The trigger feels absolutely awesome although I've yet to live fire. The fit and finish is typical Sig Sauer meaning outstanding. I have been a dedicated and loyal Glock 19/23 EDC'er for over two decades and I fear that is about to change. It has been written that the P320 Carry and or Compact versions might finally be the match and conquerer of the mighty and venerable Glock 19 and compact variants.

I spoke with Sig earlier today and the threaded barrels for the Carry and Compact versions -same barrel length of 3.9" actually- will be available in a month. I'll be on that barrel like white on rice -white rice that is. I am rather pleased with me at present. Sig has also released a super nice civilian pistol suppressor and I have access to the even nicer and much shorter LE/Mil/Govt version.

I should mention this thing actually comes apart without many if any tools, I had it detail stripped within an hour of bringing it to its new home. I'll give you fair warning though, if you disassemble the striker assembly be VERY mindful of two very small springs, one is the striker safety spring and it's relatively obvious where it goes the even tinier coil spring had me pondering for a spell before I began to see the light.

Interestingly I modified the snot out of my Glock 19 Gen 4's polymer frame to make it fit like a glove, with the P320C I'll only need to dehorn the trigger guard because I do not like those little horns and I have a Dremel and know how to use it. Even the finish on the slide is flatter as I was going to have my G19's slide refinished in a flatter Cerakote. I do believe I scored major with this Sig and I firmly believe the Li'l Lady will like it too since she has already all but claimed my G19 as her own. Seems like the makings of a win, win Thursday to me. Hope your day is going as well if not more better'er... :?

View attachment 36504

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
You know my feelings about Glocks and you know my feelings about Sigs. Personally I'm not a fan of striker fire pistols but a good trigger helps, interested especially in hearing your impressions on this ones after you have some time with it.

·
Premium Member
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And you know how much work I put into my Glock to make it right "for me" of course you had some much appreciated and vital input as to that as well as coatings to eliminate the glare I get. The P320C seems to fill the bill and I sincerely believe had it been out AND available prior to my returning to Glock I don't believe me and Gaston would be on speaking terms anymore. As far as for now, I do want the threaded barrel which is forthcoming, I don't care much for Siglite Night Sights so Trijicon's shall be ordered this evening and that's about it other than its dehorning. I'm pretty stoked about this...if you couldn't already tell. :mrgreen:

You know my feelings about Glocks and you know my feelings about Sigs. Personally I'm not a fan of striker fire pistols but a good trigger helps, interested especially in hearing your impressions on this ones after you have some time with it.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
So, I've been eyeing these P320's since they came to light. I have always been a fan of Sig but sadly separated with an awesome P220 18 years ago. 18 years later I have the latest, greatest and most state of the art striker fired pistol in existence. Sorry FNS/c but there's simply no comparison and believe me I compared at length and in great detail. So far it appears all the good things said and written about the P320 seems to be spot on. The trigger feels absolutely awesome although I've yet to live fire. The fit and finish is typical Sig Sauer meaning outstanding. I have been a dedicated and loyal Glock 19 EDcarrier for over two decades and I fear that is about to change. It has been written that the P320 Carry and or Compact versions might finally be the match and conquerer of the mighty and venerable Glock 19 and compact variants.

I spoke with Sig earlier today and the threaded barrels for the Carry and Compact versions -same barrel length of 3.9" actually- will be available in a month. I'll be on that barrel like white on rice -white rice that is. I am rather pleased with me at present. Sig has also released a super nice civilian pistol suppressor and I have access to the even nicer and much shorter LE/Mil/Govt version.

I should mention this thing actually comes apart without many if any tools, I had it detail stripped within an hour of bringing it to its new home. I'll give you fair warning though, if you disassemble the striker assembly be VERY mindful of two very small springs, one is the striker safety spring and it's relatively obvious where it goes the even tinier coil spring had me pondering for a spell before I began to see the light.

Interestingly I modified the snot out of my Glock 19 Gen 4's polymer frame to make it fit like a glove, with the P320C I'll only need to dehorn the trigger guard because I do not like those little horns and I have a Dremel and know how to use it. Even the finish on the slide is flatter as I was going to have my G19's slide refinished in a flatter Cerakote. I do believe I scored major with this Sig and I firmly believe the Li'l Lady will like it too since she has already all but claimed my G19 as her own. Seems like the makings of a win, win Thursday to me. Hope your day is going as well if not more better... :?

View attachment 36504
been looking at these-- and I want one. Mind sharing where u got and what is a good price? Did u get with ns?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I like it. I really wanted one of these when they were announced, but couldn't find a C model before I got a call about the VP9 so I went with that. I still want to try one of these someday.

Reactions: SeaMac

·
Premium Member
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: LESTER

·
Premium Member
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi'ya T,

If you've been looking at these too, you should have 'ya one too. If'n you're so inclined to, too! I got impatient whilst Gandering at the local Mountain -it has happened before too- therefore my impatience cost me $599.99. Yes, it does have Siglite night sights and as far as I'm concerned Sig Sauer needs to stick to what they know well and best, night sights is not one of those things....they suck and are going to be replaced with Triji's. The model number for mine with night sights is P320C-9-BSS without night sights is P320C-9-B. Folks should also know you can have P320's in FDE or OD Green.

been looking at these-- and I want one. Mind sharing where u got and what is a good price? Did u get with ns?

·
Premium Member
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm fairly certain, if you try it, you will buy it as did I. :?

I like it. I really wanted one of these when they were announced, but couldn't find a C model before I got a call about the VP9 so I went with that. I still want to try one of these someday.

·
Premium Member
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: Smokeshow60

·
Premium Member
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
YES, a new toy, it's a belated B-day present to myself, well that and whole bunch of other "manly" stuff...... :lol:

Definitely a big congratulation on the new toy!!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Love the P320 Compacts!

Congratulations!

I have one in 9mm, and have found myself wanting one in .357 Sig.

I have also been around long enough that I have seen other models of pistols that were supposed to take over Glock's market share, but it never happens.
Nobody does it better than Glock. The barrel sits lower in your hand, the pistol is the lightest it can be for the high capacity, it's slim, it's low height (compact) in your hand, so other pistols can be arguably "nicer" but the Glock does it pound for pound, round capacity vs. size, fewer moving parts to potentially break, better than anyone. So I have several Glock's as well. Not as finished or fancy or showy, but when all you want to do is leave the house with a tool that simply works, they are hard if not impossible to beat.

Not to take anything away from your new Sig, though. The 320's are sweet and sitting side by side in a gun case, the Sig shines more than the Glock. Glock's are boring looking compared to the Ergonomic & new Sig.

·
Premium Member
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank 'ya!

We'll have to see where the P320 leads, so far at least it's off to a good start with the concept well received internationally. I have been drinking Gaston's "special" Kool-Aid for a looong time myself and found much to my dismay and disappointment their QC and metallurgical treatments have gone down hill as if sliding on owl snot -which I'm told is extremely slippery. In 20+ years I never had a ring of rust form where the muzzle meets its slide opening and that happened to my brandy new highly souped-up G19 Gen 4, needless to say I was NOT happy! If Glock doesn't get their QC under control they'll end up like many manufacturers before them, getting by on name alone until that name can carry them no more.

Love the P320 Compacts!

Congratulations!

I have one in 9mm, and have found myself wanting one in .357 Sig.

I have also been around long enough that I have seen other models of pistols that were supposed to take over Glock's market share, but it never happens.
Nobody does it better than Glock. The barrel sits lower in your hand, the pistol is the lightest it can be for the high capacity, it's slim, it's low height (compact) in your hand, so other pistols can be arguably "nicer" but the Glock does it pound for pound, round capacity vs. size, fewer moving parts to potentially break, better than anyone. So I have several Glock's as well. Not as finished or fancy or showy, but when all you want to do is leave the house with a tool that simply works, they are hard if not impossible to beat.

Not to take anything away from your new Sig, though. The 320's are sweet and sitting side by side in a gun case, the Sig shines more than the Glock. Glock's are boring looking compared to the Ergonomic & new Sig.

Reactions: lefthanded7

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just purchased a 320 sc yesterday. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I really like the gun a lot. I carry a glock 26 everyday and I might be carrying the sig if it works for me. I will post the results after I get a chance to shoot it.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Dang it Sean....Now I'm thinking about adding this to the collection. This place is helping me spend my money to fast! lol

·
Premium Member
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats on your P320SC acquisition Fasteb, seems to me some range reports are in order. I just finished ordering Trijicon SG01Y sights from OpticsPlanet, I'm not sure if I will wait to install them or shoot it this weekend. Either way, I will post my opinions and results. It's nice to finally own a firearm where so little if anything needs to be done to it to make it perfect for me, I honestly never thought it possible, who new!?!

Congrats on the new Sig! I too have been eyeing one of those, so I'd eager to hear your thoughts once you get some rounds down range.
I just purchased a 320 sc yesterday. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I really like the gun a lot. I carry a glock 26 everyday and I might be carrying the sig if it works for me. I will post the results after I get a chance to shoot it.

·
Premium Member
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi'ya Mike,

Well you just know how sorry I am to make you spend your money...............NOT!!! The cool thing is, you only buy the "gun" once, from there you can change calibers, barrels, frames, triggers etc, etc, a very unique concept. A concept.............I have gravitated towards and in a full-circle sorta way I'm once again a Sig Sauer owner after an 18 year hiatus. Now I'm sure I'll have some pistols to sell.

Dang it Sean....Now I'm thinking about adding this to the collection. This place is helping me spend my money to fast! lol

Reactions: Mntsnow
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.