FN Herstal Firearms banner

beretta 45

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ShipWreck 
roadrunner said:
i recently looked at a beretta 45 caliber which they were asking 475 for and i am thinking about buying. i own a beretta 92fs which i love and despite of all the bad things i have heard about them from other people i have had no problems, i have put over 3000 rounds in her at the range and not one stutter, smooth as a babies bottom. but its time for my fs to have a range buddy. might sound crazy but i like the heavy feel of my gun, dont care for the plastic feels of others i have looked at, dont want a toy feeling gun, so any advise on the 45's will be helpful, trying to stick with beretta. thanks
I assume U mean the PX4 45.

I can't speak for the 45 - but I got one 2 months ago in 40 cal. I really like it.

I have shot the 9mm a few times, and the 40 cal before (before I bought mine). I was amazed at the reduction in recoil for a 40 cal - so, I finally got around to buying 1. Good gun

I've shot a Beretta 92FS with a Brigadier slide - and even the polymer PX4 has less recoil. It's really nice.

Only negative - that luminescent paint on the front sight gets dirty quick, and after 1-2 range trips - it gets hard to clean and doesn't glow well.

I went ahead and dropped a drop of white model paint on the front site - that fixed it. Is fine now. A few people at the Beretta Forum had to do that as well. It is easier to clean and stays easier to see...

Other alternatives with be to get night sights or buy those nitesiters that a sponsor here sells.

I'll tell ya that I like the PX4 in 40 cal - but I've read some mixed stuff about the 45 version.

Personally - my next 45 will be the XD model. I never even liked XDs, but I rented an M&P 45, USP 45 and a XD 45 about 3 months back. I was amazed at the accuracy of the XD. I hope to have one in 2-3 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.