FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an early Birthday present, upon my wife's permission

A co-worker of mine was selling it. Said it was his mom's and she only put two boxes of ammo through it. I don't know if that was two boxes of 20 rounds of defensive ammo or two boxes of 50 rounds of plinking WWB, but regardless, it looks brand new! This particular model is a 2001, according to the Beretta date code stamped on the frame. Can't wait to take it out! Pardon my cellphone photography!

·
Premium Member
9,527 Posts
Congrats and Happy Birthday!

Reactions: DDelambre

·
Premium Member
9,527 Posts
That's the way to do it. Early present now, then angle for another on the day. At least that's always been my system.

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
I have 8000 cougar that I bought new the first year they came out in 1994.
Congratulations! Well made and very reliable, archeologist will dig it 2000 years from now so don't leave it chambered! :?

Downside, it weighs a ton...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Downside, it weighs a ton...
I wouldn't consider trying to carry it concealed. I used to have a Beretta 3032 Tomcat that I sometime carried in my pocket, but being another steel framed gun, was too heavy for comfortable concealed carry.

I hope to get out and shoot it this weekend. I'll post a report when I do finally shoot it.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I wouldn't consider trying to carry it concealed. I used to have a Beretta 3032 Tomcat that I sometime carried in my pocket, but being another steel framed gun, was too heavy for comfortable concealed carry.

I hope to get out and shoot it this weekend. I'll post a report when I do finally shoot it.
Actually, the Cougar, and I THINK the Tomcat, are actually aluminum framed guns. Not steel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts