FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of the Bretta 9000 Series?
Gander is asking $349 for one new? Good deal?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I don't like them. The grip is super fat.

Also, even among super Beretta fans at the Beretta Forum - the gun gets mixed reviews. It works 100%. But, ya either hate it or love it - no middle ground, as others have stated...

The safety lever is stuff, and it is prone to breaking off of the slide. That is a common complaint.

I wouldn't get one if it were me.

But if it is comfortable to YOU and U don't plan to manipulate the safety, then why not.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have one, a 9000s if I remember correctly. Yes, the handle is really fat compared to the rest of the gun. It has shot fine for me, however, I don't like it near as well as 92's or 96's.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
CHICAGO TYPEWRITER said:
What do you think of the Baby Eagle in the 9?
They are supposed to be good guns, but heavy.

CZs and CZ clones never did it for me - but others love them. So, that's about all I can say.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you're dead set on a beretta, try the PX4 that came out a little while ago. They've got a great grip, and they're supposed to be pretty decent pistols, not too pricey either. I almost bought one and I don't really like Beretta all that much.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The 9000 is junk as far as I have heard and actually my buddy on the force says they call them tomb stone guns ! He said this is because they have an issue with the retaining pin breaking after so many rounds? Then the slide flies down range and lands erect in the ground like a tomb stone marker. Nice right ? The baby eagle nine's are awesome and operate with flawless reliability. I own five of the baby eagle's, 2 9mm, 2 40 cal and one 45 cal. I have never had a problem with any of them. The only thing is they are heavy as they are a full metal gun, they do offer them in polymer now, but I looked at and held a couple of them and they just didn't feel right. If your going to spend $350 on a gun for the range, buy a Ruger P series, they function well and for $350 new they are a hell of a gun. I actually own about 15 Ruger P series, I use the different calibers in these pistols to practice at the range as not to wear out my glocks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts