FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got one Beretta ARX in yesterday and thought to share thoughts on it.

Nice weapon. Surprised how light it is and the barrel removal is stupid fast.

Length is nice too.

Sights are, meh. Needs glass.

In short, worth the money.

It''s for sale for anybody who's interested. $1540, shipped.

Pic follows to give an idea on OAL.

-SS

IMG_0491.jpg

·
Registered
389 Posts
Very nice, I'm liking mine pretty well so far. Installed an Elcan Specter OS 3X and much better than the irons.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I pick mine up Monday, got a ta44sg for it. Sgt your not going to put a fun switch in it?

Reactions: byoung

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Nice sarge! Still rather have the mk16 cqc on the left however.

Reactions: STL and byoung

·
Registered
373 Posts
U.G.L.Y. it aint got no alibi its UGLY... I do however like the fact that they are getting Factory Support and do not have to wait for kind folk Like MK1, Stryker, Marvin Pitts and Argonauts to support. But I HATE an A2 grip and you cant switch the grip on the ARX. I think I will stick with my SCAR and ACR for changeover carbines.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yeah, I agree. I just can't get past the look of the thing. I do like the quick change barrel and the ease of switching from right-hand to left-hand eject, but otherwise? I'll pass on this one.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
U.G.L.Y. it aint got no alibi its UGLY... I do however like the fact that they are getting Factory Support and do not have to wait for kind folk Like MK1, Stryker, Marvin Pitts and Argonauts to support. But I HATE an A2 grip and you cant switch the grip on the ARX. I think I will stick with my SCAR and ACR for changeover carbines.
ugly? Your talking about that ACR right? :wink:

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
New ergonomic design, caliber conversion made simple, true ambi controls, forgets to make the grip interchangeable! Oops!
I wonder if someone, has done a subtitle of "Hitler" complaining about it, yet...

Just checked... nope. :eek:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Beretta, why did you have to make the ARX-100 logo look like the Nerf logo haha.

+1 for good price though.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
That's funny considering most non-enthusiasts I speak to generally think the ACR looks like the SCAR. You call'n my SCARs ugly, pal!? ;)
Doesn't look like a SCAR to me.

ACR doesn't have an interchangeable grip either.

Reactions: FullAssault

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well then, I guess that means you're not one of those people I was talking about, eh? ;) Meanwhile, people who aren't gun nuts like us often can't tell them apart. I can see the resemblance, particularly if the ACR is wearing the shorter, tri-rail metal hand guard.
I can concur - I for one LOVE my ACR Enhanced FDE rifle as well as my SCARs, both the 16s and 17s (the "s" stands for More than One and not model letter designation)
But I must say when it comes time to run out to have some fun shooting some 5.56 ammo, I seem to always the ACR Enhanced and not the 16s or the 6920s or the one 6530, and either 6520 Colt ARs. I AM a true SCAR follower and lover of the engineering of it and it's fit and feel, but running 5.56 ammo??? the ACR is definitely my go to rifle. LOVE IT! (definitely going to buy a couple more of them too. Can't ever get this one out of the wife's hands it seems like. :icon_e_biggrin:)
1 crop 1 IMG_0645.JPG 2 IMG_0643.JPG

1 - 20 of 54 Posts