FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Finally, the Berretta ARX100 is showing up for sale on gunbroker. The word is that the 300 blackout barrels should be on the market before the end of the year. Barrel removal without any tools, I am wondering what type of accuracy to expect from this type of system?

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Finally, the Berretta ARX100 is showing up for sale on gunbroker. The word is that the 300 blackout barrels should be on the market before the end of the year.
Before the end of the year... how many times have these manufacturers toyed with our collective emotions when it comes to conversion kit and barrel availability? Sheeeeeeiiiit brother I'll believe the conversion barrel kit deal when I see it :biggrin: still though I am still just as interested to see this thing hit the market.

Will it touch the 16? Commmmoooooooon... only time will tell but I am doubtful Dan on this question.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Before the end of the year... how many times have these manufacturers toyed with our collective emotions when it comes to conversion kit and barrel availability? Sheeeeeeiiiit brother I'll believe the conversion barrel kit deal when I see it :biggrin: still though I am still just as interested to see this thing hit the market.

Will it touch the 16? Commmmoooooooon... only time will tell but I am doubtful Dan on this question.
You are probably right, since the ARX100's first demo was shotshow 2011, and it's release was summer 2014. It's hard to believe that attaching a barrel to the receiver via spring loaded latching mechanism will result in good accuracy and consistent groupings.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
You are probably right, since the ARX100's first demo was shotshow 2011, and it's release was summer 2014. It's hard to believe that attaching a barrel to the receiver via spring loaded latching mechanism will result in good accuracy and consistent groupings.
Yeah man. Spring loaded barrel sounds pretty iffy. I heard about Robinson arms and his attachement system... I was not impressed... but who the hell am I?

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Yeah man. Spring loaded barrel sounds pretty iffy. I heard about Robinson arms and his attachement system... I was not impressed... but who the hell am I?
I have a Robinson XCR and his idea of a lock up for the QC barrel I think is a joke but it works, so long as you don't look to remove the barrel everytime you clean the rifle. I think it's a high risk of stripping out the bolt setup if you do.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Last I spoke with a Beretta sales rep at Boise Gun Company, and this was about three months ago, he said that the ARX100 should be available around May 2014. Sounds like he's right if they already start showing up on Gunbroker.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
New review (06/08/2014) on the Beretta ARX100.
Beretta ARX 100 Tactical Rifle Review (VIDEO)

The only thing that I found dissapointing was:
The trigger on this rifle breaks somewhere north of 10 pounds. That’s where my scale stops. I would guess 11 pounds (and that is a very educated guess, thanks to the fact that the scale stops at 10 pounds). There is hardly any take-up, though. The break is clean, but heavy. Pull it like you mean it. I’m not sure what’s behind this. I’ve read that the trigger breaks closer to six pounds. I tested and retested, though.
WTF!!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Military rifle trigger.
11+ pound trigger pulls is what my S&W Revolvers have when firing D/A.:-D To think, some people complain over the 6 3/4 pound OEM SCAR trigger pull! I will wait on the ARX100 until an aftermarket trigger kit becomes available and the prices come down to a reasonable $1499.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
11+ pound trigger pulls is what my S&W Revolvers have when firing D/A.:-D To think, some people complain over the 6 3/4 pound OEM SCAR trigger pull! I will wait on the ARX100 until an aftermarket trigger kit becomes available and the prices come down to a reasonable $1499.
I haven't weighted my SCAR17's trigger pull yet, but just by finger tip calibration alone, it's a lot heavier than 7-lbs.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I wish I lived in a world where Beretta sold a SBR multi-cal ARX-100.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I haven't weighted my SCAR17's trigger pull yet, but just by finger tip calibration alone, it's a lot heavier than 7-lbs.
You might want to dissemble the SCAR trigger group and give it a good cleaning to remove any factory preservative that might be hiding out, and then use some lithium grease on the sear & hammer interface. My Timney trigger pull gauge registered 6 3/4 lbs. for the OEM and 3 3/4 lbs. for the Geissele trigger groups.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
You might want to dissemble the SCAR trigger group and give it a good cleaning to remove any factory preservative that might be hiding out, and then use some lithium grease on the sear & hammer interface. My Timney trigger pull gauge registered 6 3/4 lbs. for the OEM and 3 3/4 lbs. for the Geissele trigger groups.

Use Moly Lube instead. It's way better. It was on my CLE two stage AR15 trigger. Smooth as glass.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Larry Vickers is giving the Beretta ARX100 a big thumbs down!

tightened mine up also and it more or less removed the wobble from the center of the rail where it bolts into the receiver however I still get wobble at the rear of the rail if I wiggle the rear sight side to side - please check yours for this and let me know

I studied the interface and the tongue and groove design which is how the top aluminum picatinny rail slides onto the polymer receiver has far too much gap to ever be really tight - this design flaw is unforgivable and if I were in the market to buy one of these I would wait until this is resolved

I have worked with some of the Italian SF guys and they use Diemaco carbines - they have nothing good to say about the Beretta AR70/90 and Beretta as a whole ; this was pre ARX160 but I can guess what they think about it

This rifle in my mind confirms what I already knew about Beretta - they could care less about anything other than sporting weapons ( mainly shotguns ) and are content to rest on their M9 laurels

Weak sauce; buyer beware

1 - 18 of 18 Posts