FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
World’s oldest firearms manufacturer and major U.S. defense contractor to expand their US manufacturing in the heart of the Volunteer State.

NASHVILLE – Beretta USA officials along with Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam and Economic and Community Development Commissioner Bill Hagerty announced today the company will expand its U.S. operations by building a new firearms manufacturing plant in the Gallatin Industrial Park, northeast of Nashville, Tennessee. Beretta, a global manufacturer of high-quality sporting and military firearms, will invest $45 million in a state-of-the-art manufacturing and R&D facility. Beretta will create 300 new Tennessee jobs. The company is expected to complete construction on the facility this year.

Beretta is the world’s oldest manufacturing dynasty, operating since 1526 in Italy. The company is privately owned and operated by members of the 15th and 16th generations of the Beretta family. Beretta supplies quality sporting and self-defense firearms to consumers worldwide. The company manufactures the U.S. Armed Forces M-9 pistol, the standard sidearm of U.S. soldiers since 1985. Beretta will make firearms at the new Gallatin plant from both their sporting and tactical product lines. The following are from today’s 11am EDT Beretta press conference.

“Beretta is one of the world’s greatest companies, and their decision to expand into Tennessee speaks to the standards of craftsmanship and quality our state’s workforce embraces every day,” Haslam said. “Attracting a legendary company like Beretta reinforces our goal of becoming the No. 1 location in the Southeast for high-quality jobs. I want to thank the Beretta family for their substantial investment in Tennessee and the 300 jobs they’ll create in Sumner County.”

Read more: Beretta Expands Manufacturing Into Tennessee

·
Registered
368 Posts
Maybe I will actually buy a Beretta now… My wife wanted a pocket pistol and Beretta's was on the list, but them being in MD and my experiences with the M-9 squashed that idea.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Maybe I will actually buy a Beretta now… My wife wanted a pocket pistol and Beretta's was on the list, but them being in MD and my experiences with the M-9 squashed that idea.
Not a fan of the 92/M9 either (And probably for the same reasons as you.) But I'm excited about the ARX series of rifles and they do make excellent shotguns. TN is kind of a surprise to me; Beretta has several warehouses in VA and I thought the company would move there. At any rate, the Greater Nashville Metro is a great area and I'm sure Beretta USA will be successful there.

LWRCi is also moving out of MD, though I haven't heard where they're moving to.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What a loss for MD. For sure it's the 2013 MD Gun Law that scared their business out of state. LWRC moving out too? So sad. :cry:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
probably would of been VA had McDouschebag not won the Gov. race.

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jan 29, 2014, 2:57pm CST Updated: Jan 29, 2014, 4:40pm CST
State's gun-friendly image helped attract Beretta to Gallatin
Beretta USA's choice of Tennessee for another American-based location had a lot to do with the state's reputation as a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, according to Jeff Reh, a member of the company's board of directors.
In fact, when determining where to add another manufacturing facility, Reh said that state gun policies were the first criteria in narrowing down specific locations.

"That was actually a bright-line, yes-or-no choice factor looked at before we considered any state," Reh said Tuesday after the company and state officials announced a $45 million plant that would initially bring 300 jobs to Gallatin.
Reh and Franco Gussalli Beretta, executive vice-president and a director of Beretta USA, said that state incentives were a minor part of its decision. Ultimately, it came down to "the superlatives we saw in Gallatin and in Tennessee," Reh said, noting the Gallatin-site's readiness for development and the level of community support for the project.

Reh also cited Tennessee's "history, and likely future, of respecting Second Amendment rights."
In a press conference, Reh's statement on Tennessee's history of supporting gun rights drew hearty applause Tuesday. Beretta also operates a plant in Maryland, which recently passed stricter gun laws and drew threats from Beretta on relocating.

Read more: State's gun-friendly image helped attract Beretta to Gallatin - Nashville Business Journal

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beretta's Jeff Reh On Why They Chose TennesseeJeff Reh is the general counsel and vice-GM of Beretta USA as well as a member of their Board of Directors. In addition, he is the President of their Stoeger subsidiary. In the speech below, he explains why Beretta chose Gallatin, Tennesse as the location for their expansion.

Beretta probably would have expanded at or near their Accokeek, Maryland plant if that state hadn't passed their onerous gun control laws in May 2013. Gov. Martin O'Malley and the gun prohibitionists in the Maryland legislature cost that state at least 300 jobs by passing the new gun control law. Moreover, I would not be surprised to see that more and more of the operations in Maryland will be transferred to Tennessee as time goes by.

As Reh notes in his speech, they only looked at states that had a consistent and strong support for the Second Amendment. While many in West Virginia are strong supporters of the Second Amendment, many of their politicians are lax in their support. It was specifically due to Joe Manchin and his push for gun control that West Virginia was crossed off the list of potential expansion locations.

The transcript of Jeff Reh's speech:

Read more: No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money: Beretta's Jeff Reh On Why They Chose Tennessee

·
Registered
29 Posts
Greetings Gentlemen,

I'm new to the forum but not so new to guns. In fact the reason I joined this forum is I just purchased and FN SC 1 12Ga. in black. Should have it in a couple of days. Going to shoot the heck out of it over the weekend then send the butt stock to Graco for them to install a GC15LP and Kick Eeez pad.

My first pistol purchase 20 years ago was a Beretta 96 chambered in .40 the weapon has always worked flawlessly no matter what I fed it.

I fully understand why this company is in the process of expanding/relocating. Where I live is a beautiful place but the "anti's" (not so sure of the rules here yet so I'm being very kind in my description of these people) are taking over at an alarming rate.

I sure as heck would hate to leave this area since I have so much salt in my blood (offshore fishing). But if I do leave I'd want 100+/- acres somewhere that I could have a good ole time with my toys. No school districts, low taxes, etc.

Look forward to being a member here. :shock:

·
Registered
876 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of Beretta handguns though I am a fan of there shotguns. The new ARX rifle looks like something I'm going to want too. But I have to give Beretta a standing ovation for basically tell Maryland to gun F themselves. Same to Magpul. I know its extremely expensive to move manufacturing facility's but it shows which companies have a backbone.

I know I'm gonna make some forum members mad but personally I don't think any gun companies should sell firearms to any state thats anti-gun. (New York, New Jersey, Maryland, California, Massachusetts, Illinois, etc). Let them have there utopia! I guarantee within 15-20 years they will be passing all sorts of pro-gun legislation because they will have to admit anti-gun legislation does nothing to reduce crime. I'd imagine crimes with guns go way up since criminals don't care about gun laws. An armed society is a polite society. Teach our children gun safety in schools. This worked 50 years ago why not today. A firearm is no more dangerous then a lot of household items. The difference is we teach our children that drinking bleach is going to KILL you at a very young age.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I certainly hope the powers that be notice the loss of all the tax dollars that companies such as Beretta and Magpul contribute to states' economies.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think this is a business pattern that will only continue. States like TN have no income tax, are business friendly, pro 2nd ammendment, etc. We've been fortunate to get a lot of major contracts in the last few years because of that. Haslem has done an excellent job for us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts