FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some time to kill and took a few pics of the new Beretta...

(I've owned 4 others over years past, and now regret selling my last one)

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Looks good. Why'd you sell 4 of 'em then get another one?

Also, how's the mag release on it? it looks like it might be hard to press, especially with gloves on.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
djv38 said:
Looks good. Why'd you sell 4 of 'em then get another one?

Also, how's the mag release on it? it looks like it might be hard to press, especially with gloves on.
I once had a black one and an Inox. Sold the Inox as I always shot the black one (this was probably back in 1997). Then, I bought a Vertec Inox, and itw as a lemon. It was like a shotgun - never consistent and all over the target. Had to get rid of it cheap. That pissed me off enough that I had enough of Beretta for a while. I eventually wanted something else, so I sold that original black one I had. And, somewhere in there, I think there was 1 more.

But, I kinda missed them, as I haven't had one for 3-4 years.

I started carrying it today in an Uncle Mike's IWB holster I picked up today. If I like it after a week, I'll order a better holster

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Ship, I'm upset with u

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
iCeMaN said:
Ship, I'm upset with u
Hey - I still have 3 HKs. And, its not my fault that the HK P30L I bought wouldn't work for me. The trigger was very sweet on it, and it was accurate. But it jammed 1-3x EVERY mag.

The Beretta works 100%.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I would have called HK, but thats just me. I'm just picking on ya :p

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
iCeMaN said:
I was going to, until the gun worked for everyone else but me.

On super rare occassions, I have read stories on other forums of similar instances. On the HK forum, one guy had the same problem with his P30L - he could shoot it, but the wife couldn't. I've never limp wristed a gun before in my life. But something about the style I shoot and the way I hold the gun didn't work for the P30L.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
ShipWreck said:
iCeMaN said:
I was going to, until the gun worked for everyone else but me.

On super rare occassions, I have read stories on other forums of similar instances. On the HK forum, one guy had the same problem with his P30L - he could shoot it, but the wife couldn't. I've never limp wristed a gun before in my life. But something about the style I shoot and the way I hold the gun didn't work for the P30L.
Oh, ok...I though you were saying it was the gun....ok.....you two just didn't mix :cry:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I snuck off to the range today and put a few more rounds thru the Beretta. Nice gun.

I am so used to shooting polymer guns that I gotta get used to a metal one again :p

I did learn that 115 gr Golddot shoots low in the gun - glad I tried it, as that was my carry load. Gotta try a couple of other hollowpoints I have on the next trip to find out what works best

·
Registered
73 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I did learn that 115 gr Golddot shoots low in the gun
Hey, aim at center mass and hit 'em in the balls! That'll work as no one wears kevlar jockstraps... :-D :lol: :x :? Sorry, I couldn't resist...

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This was one of my targets from 7 yards.

That's an 8.5x11" piece of paper, and the middle part is only 4 or so inches across.

For a guy who gets the shakes from nerve issues in my left hand (I'm right handed, at least) - that's not too bad I think...

It's not fantastic, but not bad... Granted, I can't do that on every target :lol: - the longer I shoot, the more my groups open up.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
ShipWreck said:
This was one of my targets from 7 yards.
How many yards?

and how many rounds are in the center hole (about is fine)?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
7 yards. Typo - I fixed it.

as for the # of rounds - I think it was 2 mags worth. 30 rounds. The large chunk finally fell out.

I do 90% of my pistol shooting at 7 yards.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
ShipWreck said:
7 yards. Typo - I fixed it.

as for the # of rounds - I think it was 2 mags worth. 30 rounds. The large chunk finally fell out.

I do 90% of my pistol shooting at 7 yards.
Pretty good :?

Better than my best at the moment (same range). I typically put 32 or 48 rounds into a target and my best one had about 24 rounds in a hole similar to that (maybe a touch tighter), but the remaining 24 had several flyers and a small, but tight group of 7 about 2 inches up and left of the main hole.

I'd say you're doing quite well with it :shock:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts