FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else interested in the upcoming RX4? It's another piston based 223 rifle.

http://www.berettausa.com/product/spotlight/6_spotlight_07_UM_Rx4Storm.cfm

I've seen another version of the gun with an extending stock. That may come later.

I'm am thinking of buying a 223/5.56 rifle - but really want to go with a piston based rifle. The SIg 556 seems to have gotten better with the 2nd generation version. THis seems to be another alternative...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Not crazy about the right handed charging handle, preference is for one on the left side or rear. Wonder how the accessory compatibility is.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I like the right handed charging handle. I use the right one on my PS90.

Anyway - I'm just curious to see how the reviews will be.

I may get another rifle - I just can't decide which way to go. After hearing the cost of the 308 ammo, I know an FN Bolt action gun is out. And, the PS2000 just doesn't grab me the way the PS90 does.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I was looking at the RX4 pic on the Beretta site earlier today. It just doesn't grab me. I guess I'm too used to the AR's look. It may grow on me, especially if it gets rave reviews.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Personally I like the looks of the Sig 556 better and $1000 is getting really close to the cost of. If the gen 2 of the 556's continue to get better reviews than the first ones, I'll probably go with it.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
I liked it the way it was shown in previous pictures, pistol grip and collapsible stock not the way it is in these new pictures...

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tqtran said:
I liked it the way it was shown in previous pictures, pistol grip and collapsible stock not the way it is in these new pictures...
Yes, I agree - but, people were complaining that the Beretta grip and stock made it look like a shotgun. Oh well... can't please everyone...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Looks Like the RX4 is a no go

posted over at the beretta forum
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MRecanatini
Marketing Manager,
Law Enforcement and Defense Division
Beretta USA Corp.

Bad news
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To everyone at the Forum.
In the interest of the clarity and honesty I've always advocated with our customers, and with specific interest of the first-to-be-told policy I always keep with Forum members, I wanted to advise you of some developments regarding the availability of the Rx4. Due to export limitations imposed by the Italian authorities, and import limitations imposed by the US Dept. of State, Beretta USA has no way of importing any Rx4 into the United States or North America.

Further, because the North American market represented the largest market for this type of product, the Beretta organization might not commence commercial production of this product for the foreseeable future.

I wanted everyone to be aware of this reality as soon as I found out, to give you an opportunity to purchase a different .223 product (if you are in the market for it) or to consider a Cx4, if that fits your needs.

Best,
Matteo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts