FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a summer carry pocket shooter. Was looking at the 9mm Nano. Anyone have any experience with one as far as shooting. I don't just carry my weapons, I shoot them on a regular basis, so it has to be comfortable and accurate.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I shot one of the smaller Beretta PX4s and hated it. I've also shot the full sized PX4, and my reaction was, "meh." I handed my buddy back his PX4 and went back to shooting my Sig. Can't comment on the Nano. I actually enjoy shooting my Sig P938 (ok, it's also quite a bit more expensive, but to me, was worth it, and I got it for waaaaayyyy under MSRP). The aggressive grip checkering on it will bite into your hand after awhile. But you really need to go and hold them yourself and see how they fit in your hand. If you can rent one and put a few rounds through it, it will be very helpful in narrowing down your choices. I also shot the M&P9c and it was pretty good, a Keltec .380 and loathed it to the extreme. I hated the Keltec so much that I thought the problem was with the size of the pistol (which is why I started looking at compacts instead of sub-compacts, hence the M&P), which I found to be not entirely true, it was a terrible fit for me and an awful trigger. That's my limited experience with small pistols.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Need a summer carry pocket shooter. Was looking at the 9mm Nano. Anyone have any experience with one as far as shooting. I don't just carry my weapons, I shoot them on a regular basis, so it has to be comfortable and accurate.
I really like my Nano, but Berretta QC is hit and miss. Not to many choices for 9mm's under 6" in over all length(Sig 290-P938, Kimber Solo, Kahr PM -CM-KM 9s, Beretta Nano, Keltech PF9, and Rohrbaugh R9). If your pockets are large, the Walther PPS is as good as it gets at 6.3" OAL / 0.9" width / 4.4" height . You might want to try a few different range rentals before you decide.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I have a Nano. Nice fit and finish, good magazines, the sights are not bad either. It does have one drawback, a safe but very long trigger pull. Up close and personal it isn't going to matter as much, but I have a difficult time not choking up and putting the trigger on my trigger finger joint instead of the first pad.

It has been 100% reliable shooting 124 grain NATO loads and 147 grain loads, hard ball and hollow points. It was not 100% shooting lightly loaded Winchester 115 grain hard ball white box ammo. This gun is made for full power 9mm loads, heavy bullets too.

It's a gun I would recommend you try before you buy, mainly because of the trigger.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Nano. Nice fit and finish, good magazines, the sights are not bad either. It does have one drawback, a safe but very long trigger pull. Up close and personal it isn't going to matter as much, but I have a difficult time not choking up and putting the trigger on my trigger finger joint instead of the first pad.

It has been 100% reliable shooting 124 grain NATO loads and 147 grain loads, hard ball and hollow points. It was not 100% shooting lightly loaded Winchester 115 grain hard ball white box ammo. This gun is made for full power 9mm loads, heavy bullets too.

It's a gun I would recommend you try before you buy, mainly because of the trigger.

Right now my CCW is a Kahr CW45....and it too has a long trigger pull, since there is no safety. That just takes getting used to. Price wise the Nano is perfect for my budget, just not sure how I'm going to like carrying a 9mm, compared to the .45 I currently carry.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went to a sporting goods store today (my gun guy doesn't have many pocket pistols in stock) and held onto a couple of compact 9mm pistols. The Nano felt pretty damn good, as long as I use the extended mag for my pinkie to rest. Next step is to see if my range has one on the shelf I can try out, or I may have to just go cold and buy it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a friend who bought an early one and sold it 3 wks later. Hes a HUGE beretta fan but said the recoil was too snappy for him. Hes kind of a pus anyway so dont avoid untill you try.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My standard carry is a .45 ACP....snappy is my life!!!

Reactions: falconbobb
1 - 8 of 8 Posts