FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a summer carry pocket shooter. Was looking at the 9mm Nano. Anyone have any experience with one as far as shooting. I don't just carry my weapons, I shoot them on a regular basis, so it has to be comfortable and accurate.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Nano. Nice fit and finish, good magazines, the sights are not bad either. It does have one drawback, a safe but very long trigger pull. Up close and personal it isn't going to matter as much, but I have a difficult time not choking up and putting the trigger on my trigger finger joint instead of the first pad.

It has been 100% reliable shooting 124 grain NATO loads and 147 grain loads, hard ball and hollow points. It was not 100% shooting lightly loaded Winchester 115 grain hard ball white box ammo. This gun is made for full power 9mm loads, heavy bullets too.

It's a gun I would recommend you try before you buy, mainly because of the trigger.

Right now my CCW is a Kahr CW45....and it too has a long trigger pull, since there is no safety. That just takes getting used to. Price wise the Nano is perfect for my budget, just not sure how I'm going to like carrying a 9mm, compared to the .45 I currently carry.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went to a sporting goods store today (my gun guy doesn't have many pocket pistols in stock) and held onto a couple of compact 9mm pistols. The Nano felt pretty damn good, as long as I use the extended mag for my pinkie to rest. Next step is to see if my range has one on the shelf I can try out, or I may have to just go cold and buy it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My standard carry is a .45 ACP....snappy is my life!!!

Reactions: falconbobb
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.