FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's going to be a PIA... I can't remember seeing anyone doing it on the scar. You wouldn't have to remove the front sight, but I wouldn't want two of them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the new Magpul back up angled sights on my 17 now. You can make them fit and work fine. I am still testing them on the 17 and I am not 100% sold on running it on a 308. recoil is obviously more with a 308 than 5.56 so breaking your solid stock to roll your rifle presents some challenges with controlling it. You can do it and I was running drills the other day but for me personally I am not sure I will keep the sights on the 17. The sights do work as they were intended and I like the Magpul setup and price point.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Looking for advise on the best choice for angled iron sights. Thanks.
Why not stick a Trijicon RMR on top of your scope instead? Then you don't have to dedicate you BUIS to one side of the weapon when you switch leads taking right and left corner approaches?

That's why the military does it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I did the Magpul MBUS Pro's... I planned on doing an RMR but the side adjustments on the NF might interfere with one mounted from the top rail and I'm really not interested in mounting it off of the scope tube... They work as a last result and I haven't had any issues with them staying in place during recoil. I like that you can fold them away for storage, etc.
unnamed-40.jpg unnamed-41.jpg unnamed-39.jpg unnamed-38.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts