FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am requesting postings of range reports with groups showing factory ammo performance, for all of us FNAR owners who do not or do not yet reload. Please state 16in or 20in barrel and if you can post pictures all the better. If no pictures available please state 16in or 20in barrel and what your results have been.

Obviously also include which cartridges you are shooting.

thanks to all!
Michael

·
Registered
130 Posts
20" heavy, scope, SJC Titon muzzle brake, trigger job, Remington Premium Match 168 gr.

Windy at 100 yards.

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
My nephew has a FNAR. My brother (his Dad) told me that he can shot 1 MOA with it, I will email him and get some details.

I have a close cousin to the FNAR, I have a BAR Safari in .30-06 and with non-match ammo I can shoot between 1 and 3 inch groups at 100 yards.

This is when I put a scope on it and was sighting it in. First scoped rifle I sighted in in my life. I would shot three rounds, and walk out and observe, tape off the holes, go back and do three more. Shot 30 rounds that day.

·
Registered
280 Posts
So what happened with the last group? The taped over group looks good. The OP was looking for the factory ammunition information which you didn't provide. While comparisons to BAR's is very interesting, IMOH it would be better in a separate thread which would be great for you to start (I am serious). Looking forward to the pictures from your Nephew and the load he used. Until then, like your sig, it never happened.:-o

·
Registered
183 Posts
My best results so far have been with Hornday Match 168 grain #8097. Neither of my two FNARs would shoot Federal Gold Medal Match 168 or 175 grain very well.

Here are some of the ammos I have shot so far and still have a box left.
308 match ammo.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Two round group at 350 yards, 168gr Hornady Z Max, Zeiss 4x14 44mm with Rapid Z 800 reticle. Thank god I had a witness because I didn't believe it myself. The white target was at 100 yards with Hornady superformance 165gr, that is tear not a keyhole on white target. edited to add 20 inch heavy
Image.jpg Photo on 9-1-13 at 6.04 PM.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts