FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im looking for some insight on the best first upgrades to do to my 17s. I already got a Nikon M308 scope on it, AFG, and Atlas bipod on it. I was thinking about putting the super scar trigger on it. I put the SSA-E on my LMT a few months back and it feels great now. Which grip seems to be the most popular for this gun?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Look into replacing the charging handle.

This is the only feature of the rifle that can cause a problem depending on which type of optic you use.

Forum member Stryker makes a pretty damn good one called the E.A.C.H.

Other than that, there are a ton of threads with different recommendations and pictures from members here.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

I would also recommend the magpul safety/selector levers, cheap and easy swap out but better than stock IMO.

Reactions: Wirtman and STL

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is what I did...

I ripped that sucker right off.

Then I put the AGOC TA11E-G and a BG17 on.

Bought 1000rds of 7.62x51 (have shot about 1/2 already), and that is the end of that.

I have not felt the need to do anthing more.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Don't worry about changing the charging handle. I'm not sure why everyone pushes that one a round here. As long as your QD latches are on the opposite side of your charging handle, you are GTG. The geissele trigger is the only thing I would definitely recommend. It sounds as if you have all you need all ready :) Changing the butt stock usually means losing the ability to fold it, so weigh that out in the decision making process.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Plus 1 for the E.A.C.H. It's awesome & that's why "I push it!"
I've been reading through the forums long enough to understand what happens to anyone who denigrates the each. I'm not doing that and I want to make that clear. A person who decides that they need a charge handle change should feel free to buy any product that meets their needs. This is though a forum about information and one thing I rarely see is anyone who lets folks know what their actual options are. I hope that doesn't bother anyone. If it does, I'll stop.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I've been reading through the forums long enough to understand what happens to anyone who denigrates the each. I'm not doing that and I want to make that clear. A person who decides that they need a charge handle change should feel free to buy any product that meets their needs. This is though a forum about information and one thing I rarely see is anyone who lets folks know what their actual options are. I hope that doesn't bother anyone. If it does, I'll stop.
Denigrator!!! :)

Seriously, though, I think the stock charging handle is just fine, but I prefer my optics mounts to have the latches on the left, and that meant getting a charging handle that got out of their way. I think the EACH is popular here because it does what people need and the vendor here on site provides good support.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

Reactions: STL

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm not sure why everyone pushes that one a round here. This is though a forum about information and one thing I rarely see is anyone who lets folks know what their actual options are
First, I recommended it for one because the OP asked for insight and I replied.

Second, I have tried three other charging handles. Under my personal testing, the EACH is larger, and I did not lose my
grip with wet gloves. I lost grip with both the OEM and the GG&G charging handle.

Third, under one handed drills, and by design, I was able to charge the SCAR against a tree, against my belt, and across
my chest. A test that the OEM and GG&G charging handles failed at.

Unfortunately, not every mount has levers or mounting knobs on the opposite side that you charge the SCAR with. Since you
had an opinion on the EACH can I see a picture of your EACH?

·
Registered
27 Posts
^^^^^
Yup just got my order this past week. Very pleased with them since I had been going back and forth with all of the other variants. These look like a great set up although I have only played living room ninja with the set up so far..................:arrow:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Good start so far! Plus 1 on Geisselle trigger and EACH. I have big hands so I like the Ergo grip. VTACS sling. Lots of ammo and mags. Magazines were rare when I first bought mine, but are now abundant so stock up.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
My E.A.C.H.'s replacement to both my 16 and 17 is my 1st so far. Got um in a day or so ago and just now installed them. I did the reverse color scheme on both and let me tell ya, baaad is how they look and they feel mo better with a solid feel while charging them. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be doing a couple of other things to them also but this is my 1st.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts