FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
168 federal gold medal match would be the best. It prints sub MOA with this ammo. But it's expensive so I use PRVI 168 BTHP Match. It's also Sub MOA and usually runs $17 a box or maybe less if you get a really good deal.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
168 federal gold medal match would be the best. It prints sub MOA with this ammo. But it's expensive so I use PRVI 168 BTHP Match. It's also Sub MOA and usually runs $17 a box or maybe less if you get a really good deal.
If you want it cheaper stay on top of every ammo search out there. Last 2 times I bought PPU it was $14.50.

·
Registered
289 Posts
What about 175 grain match PRVI? OK or too heavy for the SCAR twist?
Good ammo, still will probably shoot 1MOA, maybe less, some users/firearms have reported better luck with 150, 175, 180, etc. 168 is what has worked best for me and most given the length and twist of the barrel. Mine really didn't handle the lighter stuff to my liking, nor 180, 147, 175, 165 or 200.

·
Registered
104 Posts
168gr match is the sweet spot. My rifle doesnt seem to like the 175gr stuff as the groupings really start to open up. Pictures always help. I only had two types of match ammo with me on my range trip today, but here are my groupings.
If i had to rate the match ammo i have used it goes like this

1. Federal Gold Medal Match-168gr, Sellier & Bellot Match-168gr, PMC XTAC Match-168gr
2. Remington Premier Match-168gr (not bad but wasnt as good as the 3 above)
3. Federal Gold Medal Match-175gr
4. Gorilla Sierra Match King-175gr

My $.02, buy a couple boxes of several different types of match grade ammo and see what your rifle likes. I guarantee the process will be fun :x

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
168gr match is the sweet spot. My rifle doesnt seem to like the 175gr stuff as the groupings really start to open up. Pictures always help. I only had two types of match ammo with me on my range trip today, but here are my groupings.
If i had to rate the match ammo i have used it goes like this

1. Federal Gold Medal Match-168gr, Sellier & Bellot Match-168gr, PMC XTAC Match-168gr
2. Remington Premier Match-168gr (not bad but wasnt as good as the 3 above)
3. Federal Gold Medal Match-175gr
4. Gorilla Sierra Match King-175gr

My $.02, buy a couple boxes of several different types of match grade ammo and see what your rifle likes. I guarantee the process will be fun :x
Thanks for the post! I have been getting very, very similar results. The Federal Gold Medal Match seems better in 168 for me too. I tried all the one's you mentioned except the Sellier & Bellot Match-168gr and the PMC XTAC Match-168gr. With the others I totally agree. I can't wait to try those two. Thanks. :shock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.