FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice: the best place to get a 22lr pistol barrel cut and threaded with o-ring engagement. I also want to know if the can save the front sight and re attach it to the shortened barrel once shortened. It's for an older pistol so the front sight is actually on the barrel. I have been thinking Tornado, any other ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
876 Posts
I would recommend Tornado Tech like you're thinking. Only because of the front sight. I'd imagine though you could buy a threaded 22 pretty close to what it would cost to thread your revolver.

Reactions: Milspec

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I've done business with TROS and had good experiences. Give Mark a shout and see if he's able to help. TROS USA

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Looking for advice: the best place to get a 22lr pistol barrel cut and threaded with o-ring engagement. I also want to know if the can save the front sight and re attach it to the shortened barrel once shortened. It's for an older pistol so the front sight is actually on the barrel. I have been thinking Tornado, any other ideas?
Tornado Tech did my Ruger MKIII. They saved the front sight an put it back on the shortened barrel. Great work, you can't even see the seam in the barrel.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Just saw this on their page:

Ruger® MkII® or MkIII® all variants. Unfortunately we no longer accept these for threading work.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Did you call them to go over it with them first?
I put everything on their work order that goes in with the barrel/gun.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
jpgrips has threaded many barrels for me, guy does awesome work, usually at a cheaper rate and faster turn around than most other places I have used

1 - 9 of 9 Posts