FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, it has been a long time since I have been on the forum. I ordered a Burris AR P.E.P.R. QD Mount off the PSA site today. They are only $60 and free shipping if anyone is looking. Anyway I kind put the cart ahead of the horse by getting the mount and not really having any idea what scope I want to use.

I have a Stag Arms 8TL and I am using a Aimpoint PRO with a Burris 3X Magnifier. I love the PRO but the setup I have is a little heavy and clunky. I have only had the Stag and the current setup a few months and I have only used it at the club on the bench at 100yds (can shot out to 300yd). Also using a Harris bipod. I am enjoying the bench shooting but the setup I have isn't great for a 100yds. Between my bad eye and the setup it can be tough for precise shot placement (aim for the middle and pray).

I want to use the PRO for the clubs 25 yd. combat range and get a nice scope for the PEPR mount where I could clearly see groups at 100, 200 maybe even 300 yds. I wear glasses with progressive lenses.

I am open to any suggestions. Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Bought a mount and a scope/mount combo today. Great price.
I plan on seeing how the mount lines up with my Vortex Viper Pst 6-24x50mm, according to specs on both, it should clear by .01" after mounted..... will let you know how that turns out in a week.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I read the specs wrong on the vortex lens diameter. It's only 2.26" so that leaves a clearance of .51" with the P.E.R.P. mount. You could fit optics with a diameter up to 3.26".
The mount lines up perfectly with my line of sight when looking down the rifle.
20140530_163102.jpg

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
What's your budget for a scope?

A 16 power scope will be plenty for your use (a 12 power will probably be fine as well). Leupold has some quite nice scopes in those ranges that won't break the bank but still give you really good glass. Nikon Monarchs have good glass, but QC on them is an issue (my buddy sent 4 back that had cross hairs rotate when you changed magnification)

Reactions: ImmoralCase

·
Registered
173 Posts
But your not internet-order cursed buddy never had an issue with his Nikon Monarch ;)
Cursed buddy is cursed so bad he had a wrench break on him the first time he used it.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
But your not internet-order cursed buddy never had an issue with his Nikon Monarch ;)
Cursed buddy is cursed so bad he had a wrench break on him the first time he used it.
Broken during shipping, hadn't even used it.

Still, the 4 bad scopes is a data point, although they don't make that model anymore that he had issues with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts