FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read many different threads here and other places. Seems the consensus gives the edge to VCAS.

Im used to magpul slings and really like the ms4.

Which would you buy?

Also weigh in on the gg&g qd with angled swivel.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I like my magpul MS4 with PMM mounts. I use mostly magpul ms3 or 4's on all my rifles.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I just picked up the multicam padded blue force gear vickers scar 2 to 1 point sling from amazon. It comes with the ultimate wire loop in the rear with a qd swivel sewm into the front. Absolutely perfect. Picked up the parker mountain machine qd front mount and it works great. 70$ on amazon from rockmountaintactical woth free shipping. Acetal hardware with the vickers quick adjust pull tab..
Cant go wrong
20140604_173138.jpg
20140604_174355.jpg
Heres the link. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IS938QI?cache=049503959151aee87cdabbff088057cf&qid=1401847208&sr=8-5#ref=mp_s_a_1_5Thank me later lol. For 100$ total its the best setup out there hands down. The uwl doesnt scratch the receiver at all. The only other option I would do would be another bfg vickers and get front and rear qd mounts from jarod. Great guy, ordered saturday mount showed wednesday and im in california

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have the magpul ms4, it's ok but like Jarod said the adjustment loop is hard to work. I will be going with the savvy sniper soon.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just picked up the multicam padded blue force gear vickers scar 2 to 1 point sling from amazon. It comes with the ultimate wire loop in the rear with a qd swivel sewm into the front. Absolutely perfect. Picked up the parker mountain machine qd front mount and it works great. 70$ on amazon from rockmountaintactical woth free shipping. Acetal hardware with the vickers quick adjust pull tab..
Cant go wrong
View attachment 27976
View attachment 27977
Heres the link. Blue Force Vickers 2 point Padded Sling for SCAR with Push Button Swivel & Wire Loop - MULTICAM:Amazon:Everything Else me later lol. For 100$ total its the best setup out there hands down. The uwl doesnt scratch the receiver at all. The only other option I would do would be another bfg vickers and get front and rear qd mounts from jarod. Great guy, ordered saturday mount showed wednesday and im in california
Agree!!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I just purchased a BFG/VCAS sling system to try out for myself. Should be a good comparison to what I have currently.

Currently I'm prefer the newer Magpul MS1 sling system, which is significant improvement over the MS3/4 sling which I also own. It's not only modular but the length adjustment is better on the MS1, because pull tab is in front of the loop as oppose to the back as with the MS3/4 slings. With the MS3/4, to shorten the sling to secure the weapon closer you have to pull the adjustment strap across the middle of your back and if you want to more slack, you have to reach across your back to get to the adjustment strap. It's generally very awkward for me on the MS3/4 system. There's a good reason why Magpul is discontinuing the MS3/4 system and replacing it with the MS1 (also a modular system make them more money in the end).

This pic illustrate what I was saying, the red dot is where the adjustment tab located on each of the slings:

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have tried several different methods and this is my favorite so far. Note that most of the time I am slinging the SCAR it's on hunts carried for long distances through mountains and brush so I want something very stable. If I used it for carbine classes all the time I may like something different that allowed for faster transitions.

Vickers sling with sewn in push button QDs from Blue Force Gear:
Weapon Slings : Vickers Push Button Slings

I use the Promoted Pawn rail on the left side for the front QD attachment point:
SCAR Side Rail - Promoted Pawn

I use the Noveske flush QD mount for the rear attachment point mounted in the right side of the buttstock:
Noveske Flush Mount Push-Button Quick Detach Universal Sling Mount

I like this setup for several reasons:
It carries naturally muzzle down and is very solid/durable
It is very fast and easy to adjust the sling length and tension with one hand to cinch it up tight when climbing
The easy adjustment allows for sling support in awkward shooting positions or transitions to weak side (like in a class)
It isn't noisy while carrying with metal parts "clicking" with every step or movement
It is very quick and easy to completely remove the sling
The attachent points are low profile and non-instrusive when the sling isn't on
The sling itself doesn't have lots of webbing and straps hanging off of it everywhere

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a Savvy Sniper on my AR and love it.

For my SCAR I use an Ares Armor Husky MkII EWS (Huskey Mark II EWS Sling (*PATENT PENDING*) - Ares Armor) and it's fantastic. I have a MI SSR rail with QD holes at the end and also have the Noveske Flush Mount installed in my stock (super easy and worthwhile upgrade btw, I'll make a post about it when I get the chance). I love the setup since I'm 6'8" and have long arms, but it is a bit of a stretch for a lot of slings. I found that when I had them adjusted to allow enough room for my arms when shooting, they were always too loose when I tightened them down to sling the rifle. The AA sling has a cam for quick adjustment and also has the ability to over-tighten when you want the gun close to your body, so it's perfect for me. Might not be for you, but I'd definitely check it out. I'll post some pics when I get a chance, but in the mean time here's a short video of it:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Gotta go with Urban ERT. I have owned 7 of their slings over the years now - I don't have all the previous guns they were on. But, whenever I buy a rifle, it is the only sling I buy. I got a new one in for my Sig 516 today.

This is how I have mine set up - as I prefer the rear attachment point to be as far back as possible:

(my light is now on the bottom rail - and the front quick detach is now on the side rail)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the replies! I think I'm going to try the blue force 2 to 1 convertible sling. For now.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
1 - 20 of 64 Posts