FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking for a drop in threaded barrel & I'm looking for any and all feedback to point me in the direction of the best Threaded Barrel for my FN5.7 MKII. Please feel free to share your experiences, both good and bad, regarding this issue!!!!

Thanks in advance for everyone's assistance,

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Well you have a couple of mainstream choices for drop in. EFK and Jarvis. Unfortunately when you try to get into which one is better the Ford vs Chevy debate always seems to go down. Honestly id say you can't go wrong. I've got an EFK myself but would just as easily gone with Jarvis. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Happy Thursday, Karma! I have an EFK threaded barrel. It performs great.

One note, the Five-seveN was never intended for suppressors. You may have trouble with subsonic ammo. Buffman has had success with suppressors that incorporate a Nielsen device but he could give you more details about that.

Good luck!

·
Registered
120 Posts
EFK, and with such a small bore, low muzzle pressure, and fast bullet, the FsN suppresses very well. Supersonic 9mm through my gigantic Tirant are painful to fire, SS197 through my tiny Axiom are pleasant.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If Buffman says that he has heard of issues with the TT barrel extension, you can take that to the bank.
Not screwing the suppressor down tightly or using bad reloads that keyhole out the barrel can cause baffle strikes. I'd like to hear Buffman's experience with Tornado Tech issues.

·
Administrator
12,192 Posts
Not screwing the suppressor down tightly or using bad reloads that keyhole out the barrel can cause baffle strikes. I'd like to hear Buffman's experience with Tornado Tech issues.
I am aware of that. I have 6 cans myself. I am sure that he will chime in and fill in the blanks for you. I also recall issues with TT and their welded barrels but this was some years ago so I do not know personally if things have changed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just bought a used fiveseven with tornado tech barrel and shortly after buying it I started the process for my first silencer. If there is a legitimate concern or things I can check now that would be good to know. The gun shoots very accurately with no keyholing.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Like HK says it's been a few years since I've read about the TT extensions and stability issues. I figured when I bought mine, I'd pay the double for the barrel, because I wanted the extra velocity from the longer barrel. Will you have any issues? Probably not, but just head the advice to check any bullet you want to fire suppressed from the gun for stability before putting the can on, and then even after you put the can on :D The Jarvis barrels back in the day had chamber issues...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.