FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 19, 2014
Law-abiding citizens who own and carry firearms need to understand when traveling that the laws are different in different states, and even from city/county to city/county within states. It is virtually impossible to know, if you are traveling, what rules you must follow. U. S. Law Shield is a Texas company that sells subscription legal services, focused on gun laws. They also publish the Gun Law Gazette. A recent edition of that publication contained the following information that is relevant to traveling with a firearm and ammunition. They write:

As summer approaches, many will be vacationing and traveling outside their state of residence. Naturally, no gun owner wants to travel unarmed if they can help it, but unfortunately some state's laws are very gun unfriendly. This is especially true in the northeast corner and west coast of the United States. How then does a person pass through states that have overly restrictive firearms laws or those different from their home state? For example, how does a person legally pass through a state that prohibits the possession of a handgun without a license from that state? This newsletter will address the federal statute that allows travel between states with differing gun laws. It is beyond the scope of this current piece, however, to address the law in all 50 states. So remember, check the laws of your destination state carefully.

Read more: http://www.beaufortobserver.net/Articles-NEWS-and-COMMENTARY-c-2014-05-17-272808.112112-Beware-when-traveling-with-firearms-and-ammunition.html

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's why I don't travel north of Tennessee sadly. My son lives in Maryland. I don't travel naked anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts