FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Biden already providing ATF with wishlist for new 2A infringements. Pistol braces and 80% lowers are the first target.

Admin Edit: Non relevant material removed.

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
I'm about 0% surprised by this. With the control of the Senate an unknown, anything that can be done via EO or ATF fiat is a given. All those items that have touted their ATF approval letters are in grave jeopardy: Braces, 80% builds (pistol and AR) and probably binary triggers as well.

Hopefully lawsuits would fly immediately upon a negative ruling by the ATF, but frankly, those can be a bit of a crap-shoot.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It appears the ATF was conspiring with Biden well BEFORE the election and coordinated this with this election. That is why the ATF gave only a 60-day reprieve on braces.

It looks like Biden will (would) use the NFA to tax almost everything out of existence. Imagine paying $200 for a tax stamp on every magazine and every armament!

This is such an overreach that the NFA would be found unconstitutional (which it is).

Trump's administration is aware of the ATF violating his directive (Executive Order) to cease from developing new regulations but the ATF and its Acting Director decided to go against Trump and develop these rules in private. Maybe it's time for the ATF to go away and we can downsize this bloated central Communist government and save some money.

·
Administrator
11,356 Posts

It looks like Biden will (would) use the NFA to tax almost everything out of existence. Imagine paying $200 for a tax stamp on every magazine and every armament!
I wrote earlier in another thread about the potential increase of the NFA fee to $500 that at today's pricing, according to Biden's plan, it will cost me close to $50k to register all my firearms and magazines to comply with his NFA scheme of requiring ALL semi auto firearms and Hi Cap (anything over 7 rounds?) to be registered as NFA items.

Wonder if you will need an approved 5320.20 to take your 10 round pistol magazine out of state?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Now it is time to get rid of most of high capacity magazines. Only keep one or two. It is difficult to sell, nobody wants them I guess.

·
Registered
451 Posts
So if certain states can defy federal law in regards to DEA (Oregon's recent vote to decriminalize some hard drugs, other states legalizing recreational marijuana, etc.), why could not some states decide to 'not enforce' or overlook federal law and ATF in regards to NFA or similar issues. Not saying they should, but just hypothesizing?

·
Registered
32 Posts
So if certain states can defy federal law in regards to DEA (Oregon's recent vote to decriminalize some hard drugs, other states legalizing recreational marijuana, etc.), why could not some states decide to 'not enforce' or overlook federal law and ATF in regards to NFA or similar issues. Not saying they should, but just hypothesizing?
They could, but just as in the federal drug laws they could only get away with it as long as the executive branch ignores the noncompliance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
979 Posts
If I don't have it "stamped" now I'm not getting it stamped.....period. Pass what they want, try and enforce it. My line in the sand is drawn, I'm not wavering.
You will cough them up - A.D.

I want to say something on the bright side here but I can't really think of anything other than the election results have not been certified yet. Hope is a powerful thing. I will hope that there could be a change even though the chances are very very slim.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Biden already providing ATF with wishlist for new 2A infringements. Pistol braces and 80% lowers are the first target.
This isn't what the article said (and the article certainly has a side to take in the matter - one would imagine they'd jump at the opportunity to say this). The article states:

...the anti-gun Biden transition team has reached out to the ATF to get the agency’s “top priorities”.
It was the acting ATF director which later told people on the call about what she consider her own priorities (the call, being the NAWLEE meeting.)

Everything is already absurdly divisive, with no shortage of material to fuel that, it seems - no need to invent even more.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
You will cough them up - A.D.

I want to say something on the bright side here but I can't really think of anything other than the election results have not been certified yet. Hope is a powerful thing. I will hope that there could be a change even though the chances are very very slim.
Prayer is bigger than hope !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It appears the ATF was conspiring with Biden well BEFORE the election and coordinated this with this election. That is why the ATF gave only a 60-day reprieve on braces.

This is such an overreach that the NFA would be found unconstitutional (which it is).

Trump's administration is aware of the ATF violating his directive (Executive Order) to cease from developing new regulations but the ATF and its Acting Director decided to go against Trump and develop these rules in private. Maybe it's time for the ATF to go away and we can downsize this bloated central Communist government and save some money.
It seems Americans will be forced into a cotner by these tyrants. They wont stop until they force us to protect ourselves.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts