FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this 17s. I've had the 16s for several years now, and finally got the 762 itch. Slapped an extra ACOG I had laying around on it. Going to order my ergo grip and angled CH. I'm fighting the urge for a can. I know I'll lose. I'm already trolling sites. Looking at the saker and socom rc.

17 feels way lighter than you'd expect. Reminds me of a 11/10 version of the 16. Almost like if my 16 started working out and doing 'roids.

Trigger feels really gritty, but not as bad as the stock trigger on my 16 did. I'm sure a superscar is also in my future.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Well, all right...

Congrats on the 17!

Reactions: six-n-twins

·
Registered
841 Posts
Do you have multiple mounts already you'd want to re-use with the Saker? Otherwise you can spring for the SpecWar and save $170 towards the purchase of your Geissele :)

The Specwar is a bit heavier but is a bit quieter.

The Saker is newer design/tech so if that matters might be worth the extra bucks.

I sprung for the Specwar myself but it was a close decision.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have multiple mounts already you'd want to re-use with the Saker? Otherwise you can spring for the SpecWar and save $170 towards the purchase of your Geissele :)

The Specwar is a bit heavier but is a bit quieter.

The Saker is newer design/tech so if that matters might be worth the extra bucks.

I sprung for the Specwar myself but it was a close decision.
Checked out the specwar. There's a few more features I like about the saker. My local dealer has a socom rc in stock. I have a socom556 already, but I'm not sure I'm ready for another $1500 suppressor

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd like to be in that situation. "DAMMIT, MARTHA!! I stepped on another ACOG! Can't you keep these blasted things out of the way??" :D
Who the hell is Martha?
Is it like when you have an extra A2 grip lying around and you see that your next AR build has already begun?? Now I guess I need another ACOG!

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Checked out the specwar. There's a few more features I like about the saker. My local dealer has a socom rc in stock. I have a socom556 already, but I'm not sure I'm ready for another $1500 suppressor
i was going to get socom762 from capitolarmory.com have a 10% off coupon code but they just have it in fde in stock. If you want the code pm me

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Very nice scar combo sir!

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts