FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to install my billet sear when a trusted gunsmith told me he had failures on all five of the billet sears he has installed. He told me the anodizing wears and the sear spings are so hard it actually causes it to bind as the finish wears down. He did put the recommended grease on it before he installed it. He was forced to go back and install the plastic parts. Can any long-term users of the billet sear please comment.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Can you post up photo's of the worn parts???

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Can you show the other side???

Lay it flat, so the area that contacts the hammer can be better seen.

Reactions: Buffman

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The sear springs your gunsmith is talking about, are those the stock springs that come in the factory trigger(hammer) pack?
Or are those aftermarket springs that come with the billet sear?

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
No one makes aftermarket springs for the PS90.

Thanks for posting those pictures. So much for the Teflon coating.

Any idea how many rounds through the weapon using those parts???

Would be interesting to see pictures of the hammer, the mating surface, along with the wear on the strike face, hitting the firing pin.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Bad, the post you deleted you might want to share with the members. :?

I find it interesting.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have over 5000 rounds through mine, and it still works just fine, and has similar wear marks to all my other aftermarket and stock triggers in other guns. . I know Mike would offer a full refund if you are not happy, or if your mysterious "gunsmith" is not happy, I'm sure mike would take those back as well. just a thought........of course the refund route is not nearly as much fun as trolling on the internet forums.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I have over 5000 rounds through mine, and it still works just fine, and has similar wear marks to all my other aftermarket and stock triggers in other guns. . I know Mike would offer a full refund if you are not happy, or if your mysterious "gunsmith" is not happy, I'm sure mike would take those back as well. just a thought........of course the refund route is not nearly as much fun as trolling on the internet forums.
Can you post up some photo's of your parts, showing the wear on yours???

How is the OP trolling??? He has posted a review, and is asking a question if anyone else has issues.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
he was offered a return / refund when he contacted mike. he told mike no, and that he would bash him online instead.
If that's a fact and you have proof then you should PM one of us and not take it public.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
he was offered a return / refund when he contacted mike. he told mike no, and that he would bash him online instead.
How would you know what transpired between the OP and mjk1???

I'd like to hear the whole story.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
If that's a fact and you have proof then you should PM one of us and not take it public.
This is what they tried to do to me, bash me when I asked simple legitimate questions, and raised concerns about safety, and reliability. Instead of addressing the issue's, I was accused of "attacking" mjk1 and his integrity, as well as paintball007.

So what I believed back then might happen with these parts, is happening.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.