FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to put a bipod on the SCAR17 but no wanting to spend that much on a Atlas bipod, is there any out there that is similiar in quality value etc, or just a plain ole good bipod that works great and looks great. I have a gripod on there now but its the cheap knock off just to see if i like them and ive had the real one just wanted to see if i like the functions and look on the SCAR which i dont , although this one is a dang good knock off with steel inserts. If you can shoot me some ideas and pics would help greatly , thanks:target:

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can go to any local outfitters in your area and pick up a bipod. Granted you might have to buy a bipod adapter also. Harris makes a good bipod. But like stated above from turnanewleaf, buy once cry once. I didn't want to spend the money on an expensive bipod either. But finally i broke down and bought an atlas and i must say it is a world of difference. Definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Here is a pic of the atlas, what I like above all else... is the ability to move the legs forward and get them out of the way.
I did have & do have a tan GPS ( cried 2x's ) @ $154 from brownells... I like the Atlas / AFG better ( more compact ).

B-Rail 001.jpg

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Atlas w/ADM mount. I only have one and it's used on 4-5 rifles, never lives there long and is usually in the pack.

I have Harris bipods on bolt guns and tried one on my SCAR, but it didn't work out well with the short rails on the SCAR.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I'm liking the Vltor/Tango down ones. I have one of each...

IMG_4421cr.jpg This is the Vltor side mount. Quick and easy!

scar17catch1 WTT brass catcher.jpg Tango Down bottom mount.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Buy some ammo and shoot the damn thing instead of asking for ideas on how to dress it up. You'll get an idea of what you need then.
Oh I have been shooting the "damn" thing , I just think its best when you use other peoples opinoun on what works/worked on there firearm instead of wasting money on a bunch of bull S#!+ that really doesnt work that well on there firearm, thanks for your 2c thou .

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Atlas w/ADM mount. I only have one and it's used on 4-5 rifles, never lives there long and is usually in the pack.

I have Harris bipods on bolt guns and tried one on my SCAR, but it didn't work out well with the short rails on the SCAR.

Nice rig , what Leupy scope are you running ?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I picked up a Harris swivel model and added a Alpa Bravo lever to it. Midway had a sale recently and I was able to get the pair for $115. I've attatched it to my rifle using a GG&G bipod adapter. Works well but I'll probably opt for an Atlas at some point.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I used to have a grip pod on my 17s. It was ok for the most part. I now run an atlas bipod and will be picking a magpul afg to go with it. You really can't go wrong with the atlas bipod. Plus a forum sponsor has been giving a nice discount on them to forum members.look for stryker enterprises in the sponsor section. You may have to get on the waiting list but it is worth it for such a solid piece of equipment.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I do not like Harris - many do, but it is just my opinion. I have been using GG&G Heavy and Light Bipods, I like them. But, to be honest, I am thinking Atlas will be my next purchase, it looks like it may integrate a little better. Atlas sure is proud of their product, price wise, but so is FN...
In the case of FN, I feel it is worth it. In the case of Atlas, I simply do not know yet...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Harris on my M-24,and it's been a solid performer for over 20 years.

I just got a 17S, and I'm looking at a GRIPOD

Thoughts?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Harris for me, everything I own including my tac338 I use for 2500yard shots. One thing, most think I'm an idiot as I keep mine reversed. Legs point to me versus out. Two reasons. Better balance, plus I can raise and lower it one handed while laying down looking thru my scope.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have Larue/Harris on mine
No issues

Thom B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts