FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Atlas Bipod BT10-LW17 with ADM 170-S Lever Mounts are popular around these parts. Plenty of accessories are available, extensions, feet etc...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Looking at their website it doesn't look like they have any bipods that attach to a swivel stud? Or am I looking right by them? The A3G doesn't have a rail just a swivel stud.

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
That's odd a friend and member fnnutz uses one on his FNAR -rail- and X-Bolt -no rail- I'll have to inquire how he adapted for the bolt gun's swivel since I don't pay much attention to his rig when I'm shooting. But I can't argue that Harris makes a great solution for a bolt gun too.

Nice rifle btw.

Thank you. Looking at their website it doesn't look like they have any bipods that attach to a swivel stud? Or am I looking right by them? The A3G doesn't have a rail just a swivel stud.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That's odd a friend and member fnnutz uses one on his FNAR -rail- and X-Bolt -no rail- I'll have to inquire how he adapted for the bolt gun's swivel since I don't pay much attention to his rig when I'm shooting. But I can't argue that Harris makes a great solution for a bolt gun too.

Nice rifle btw.
I see you can get one version which will accept any 17S adapter but I'm not finding any 170-S swivel stud adapters yet.

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
I can tell you this and the same suggestion is echoed in other's post, the Harris is a very well built bipod and would be a much lighter solution since the Atlas is built like a tank. If you still wish to pursue the Atlas product I will talk to my friend tomorrow, right now I believe he is fishing....in a freakin' downpour.

I see you can get one version which will accept any 17S adapter but I'm not finding any 170-S swivel stud adapters yet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can tell you this and the same suggestion is echoed in other's post, the Harris is a very well built bipod and would be a much lighter solution since the Atlas is built like a tank. If you still wish to pursue the Atlas product I will talk to my friend tomorrow, right now I believe he is fishing....in a freakin' downpour.
True story. Looking at Harris bipods now. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
IMG_20140611_173342.jpg

I drilled my stock, used T-nuts and installed a Seekings SRS rail on my A5m so I could use an Atlas (just got from Stryker). The Atlas is actually lighter than the Harris, but with the addition of the rail, I probably come out even.

Does your A3g have 2 sling swivel studs? If so, you don't even need to drill your stock, just unscrew them and install this: SRS Rail, McMillan 3.0" Hole Spacing - Rail Accessories - Parts & Accessories

It comes with the screws you need.

As to Harris vs. Atlas, I'm getting rid of my Harris. The Atlas is a lot more flexible bipod (i.e. many more ways you can lock the legs, panning ability, load it easier, easily change out feet and add leg extensions)

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
100_1541.JPG
There's the Harris on my A5m (it's the 6-9 BRM-S and I added a pod-lock to it and will probably be selling it soon)

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
This is a very informative and most helpful post. I am surprised to hear the Atlas is actually lighter than the Harris but that's welcome news too. The Atlas is a VERY flexible bipod, as you say Dan, my friend has the extensions and all the feet which makes it even more flexible. I have a Harris on my Model 70 but will eventually get an Atlas for my 16s, just for target shhoting though. Thanks for posting this Dan...:?

View attachment 28289

I drilled my stock, used T-nuts and installed a Seekings SRS rail on my A5m so I could use an Atlas (just got from Stryker). The Atlas is actually lighter than the Harris, but with the addition of the rail, I probably come out even.

Does your A3g have 2 sling swivel studs? If so, you don't even need to drill your stock, just unscrew them and install this: SRS Rail, McMillan 3.0" Hole Spacing - Rail Accessories - Parts & Accessories

As to Harris vs. Atlas, I'm getting rid of my Harris. The Atlas is a lot more flexible bipod (i.e. many more ways you can lock the legs, panning ability, load it easier, easily change out feet and add leg extensions)

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Harris is made of steel. Atlas is mostly Aluminum.

Harris is a busy bipod. Lots of parts and springs etc. They work, nothing wrong with them.

Your choice, what you want to do.

Reactions: djv38

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 28289

Great info here - thank you!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
View attachment 28289

Great info. Yes it has dual swivel studs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts