FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
I don't normally run bipods on my BRs, but I swap in a GG&G XDS when I go for 100yd groups.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've got both the GG&G and the Harris. Both are really good 'pods. I also picked up this cheap POS bipod at a gun show that's also worked out well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I use shooting sticks for hunting/zeroing. Otherwise, I zero with a cheap Israeli-made rail-mounted bipod. I never leave it on (duty gun).

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
When you preload them a bit too much or when prone on an incline
You've got your Harris on backwards then. The legs fold forward, not backward.

Personally I like the Atlas on tactical rifles because of the slimmer form factor, but like Harris on my bolt guns. I put a Harris on every bolt gun but just have one Atlas which jumps to numerous tactical rifles.

·
Registered
604 Posts
You've got your Harris on backwards then. The legs fold forward, not backward.

Personally I like the Atlas on tactical rifles because of the slimmer form factor, but like Harris on my bolt guns. I put a Harris on every bolt gun but just have one Atlas which jumps to numerous tactical rifles.
My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
+1 on the Atlas with QD, these b'pods are built like tanks, nothing bad to say about Harris either but for tactical or potential hard usage the Atlas just feels like it will hold up better.

Reactions: STL

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have the Harris Ultralight S-L on my SCAR17. It have a cutout for it in my Pelican case, it doesn't get put on except when I'm planning on using it.

I run a GripPod (GPS-02) on my SCAR16. I like the flexibility it gives of always having the ability to go supported but also functioning as the primary grip.

I have the Harris S-BRM (notched legs) on my A5M as it has the clearance to take advantage of the lower settings...

·
Registered
364 Posts
I decided to go with the Grip-Pod (GPS-02) to save weight and rail space. I have my 17 set up like a battle rifle. I like it so far. If I went to a bi-pod, I would probably choose the Atlas.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts