FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
I understand what they are saying. That is that the NRA has historically not been part of the black experience. Instead it is more a part of the white hunting experience. Therefore they don't feel any relation or comfort with it, despite believing in the 2nd Amendment's right to bear arms.

What irritates me is the generalizations they spew forth. I.E. the NRA is basically the neo-Confederacy; that the NRA has historical racist policies (The lady's example of that was denying Martin Luther King a gun permit..... I did not know that the NRA is the group that issued gun permits, I always thought it was a government agency).

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
There are some pretty insightful comments in this video but also a lot of misconception about the NRA, its history and just fact in general (e.g. the guy said that NRA is essentially a legalized KKK implying that KKK is illegal when in fact it's not). Most of that seem to be rooted in non-gun owners irrational fear of guns but I suspect there are some political biased involved as well; Republicans are pro-gun Democrats are anti-gun etc.

And then I think there are some black people out there (and some in the video) who think that if an organization isn't headed by a black leader or at least represented by a good numbers of blacks and isn't actively promoting black interest or black "equality" then that's an inherently racist organization especially when one that is predominately white i.e. US government, certain police departments.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
From the videos by colon noir it seems it's opposite nra actially expanded rights to African Americans.

another thing this could be very biased depending on where they found the people they interviewed and their history education etc... I can interview a bunch of white people from Hollywood and they will degrade nra and members but let interview white people from TX and viewpoints would be a world of difference

·
Registered
250 Posts
I agree with P-Factor - a very interesting cultural view - which actually can serve as a basis for discussion.

The enthocentrism, general bias, and outright racism in parts of the video is also astonishing. The NRA is like the KKK? Based upon my ethnicity, I am disqualified from joining the KKK, Stormfront or NPD. But I fooled the NRA! - they let me sneak in.

Maybe we should look at a real problem discussed in the video ...

The leading cause of death for young blacks is homicide according to the video and a quick internet search which show pages such as Homicide Leading Cause Of Death Of Young Black Men, Says FAU Researcher and The leading cause of death for young blacks is young black males

·
Registered
551 Posts
Libtards Be Crazy...... Goes to show you. To Libs, it's all about perception. You can bombard them with facts from here till DOOMSDAY. They will only believe what they THINK they know.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
There are some pretty insightful comments in this video but also a lot of misconception about the NRA, its history and just fact in general (e.g. the guy said that NRA is essentially a legalized KKK implying that KKK is illegal when in fact it's not). Most of that seem to be rooted in non-gun owners irrational fear of guns but I suspect there are some political biased involved as well; Republicans are pro-gun Democrats are anti-gun etc.

And then I think there are some black people out there (and some in the video) who think that if an organization isn't headed by a black leader or at least represented by a good numbers of blacks and isn't actively promoting black interest or black "equality" then that's an inherently racist organization especially when one that is predominately white i.e. US government, certain police departments.
Just to expand a little, the NRA was founded because the Jim Crow Laws, enacted by Northern Democrats who were prejudiced against Blacks, tried to forbid the former slaves from owning fire arms. Their goal was to help fight for the rights of ALL free men to own fire arms, and to help teach them how to use them to fend off attacks from the likes of the KKK...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts