FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BLACK OPS COMBAT. "Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price."

Like the movie line said "Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price."

The quality of these are far superior to the Canadan made 14 round mag guns of a few years ago. In fact, I'm quite impressed with these to the point I needed two of them. (and because my little wife always loves the latest purchases so I decided 2 Black OPS were in order just so I get to have one. :icon_lol: )
Maybe now I'll get to shoot the my new MK-25-D Sig I just picked up a few weeks back - - that's if she'll give it back. :happyrotfl4vi0:

Gotta' love a little hottie "wifey" that's into the gun (and hunting) disease as much as her husband! Thank you Lord!

1 Black OPS.jpg IMG_1919.JPG 1 IMG_1935.JPG IMG_1918.JPG 4 IMG_1943.JPG

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Fine looking pair ya got there lefthanded07. Very nice!:?

Reactions: lefthanded7

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fine looking pair ya got there lefthanded07. Very nice!:?
Thanks Spilz - - I'm gonna' need a safe just dedicated to 1911's pretty soon. But I guess that's a good problem to have.

As Colonel Cooper always said, "Can a person own too many 1911's? I think not."

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Nice!

So nice I'll say it twice.

Nice!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have you done a range trip with them yet? I've had one for a few weeks now and can't stand the sight picture I have to use to hit steel at 15 yards. The front sight is way too tall! Not to mention I bumped the front sight off my cinder block basement wall an it snapped right off... I've been calling around, but suppressor sights for Para's are not plentiful. I'm thinking custom suppressor height fiber sights.

Obligatory Picture...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Have you done a range trip with them yet? I've had one for a few weeks now and can't stand the sight picture I have to use to hit steel at 15 yards. The front sight is way too tall! Not to mention I bumped the front sight off my cinder block basement wall an it snapped right off... I've been calling around, but suppressor sights for Para's are not plentiful. I'm thinking custom suppressor height fiber sights.

Obligatory Picture...

I've only shot on of them yesterday and that was at our 25 yard range and it was spot on 10 and X ring hits.

As for sights - already have plans to make my own and send them out for Tritium inserts.

I see your front sight is rounded off what looks like more than normal. Did you grind it off and then bump the concrete wall? Just curious if the hardening of it through the heat of the grinder made it fragile. Can't get stainless all that hot before hardening takes affect.
Plus, if you are hitting too high at 15 yards I also have to wonder if you are using subsonic ammo as to be slow enough fps wise to be within the sights regulations. My handloads that are subsonic hit right where the sights are, but full Federal 200gr fast factory ammo does hit higher. Anyway - good luck with this handgun of yours. I love the one that I have shot so far.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JCU Delt Ox - also, have you talked to Para about just getting a new front sight? I heard nothing but good news from this new bunch in NC and how they take care of their customers.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Lefthanded7 those are some nice 1911's, must be nice to have both and a wife who likes them as well, congrats!
Thanks rslsss, It's truly a blessing to have a wife that enjoys everything that I do, including the gun thing. It's so easy being best friends with her. (plus it's real easy with someone that looks like her too! Pictures don't come close doing her justice. Seriously!! 2hrs a day 7 days a week in a gym work!) It seems that I'm never at the range or anywhere else without her for that matter. Hunting in a blinding snow storm in Montana or laying on the beach in Maui, or chasing animals in Africa when its 104 deg., she's right there next to me wanting me to hold hands with her as if we were just newly dating. (even after all these years, she's after me like a hot high school girl after her boyfriend. But then again I think it's just because I buy her so many awesome new guns! - yep, that must be the reason! :th_happy-rotfl4: ) All my friends want her to influence their wives to be like her. I said good luck with that and if it works they have to give up their gun collections to their wives. Then they look at me like "I gotta' do What!? :th_faint: LOL
Yep, nobody would ever guess seeing my Very girly, super feminine model wife that she would be a gun freak, let alone a hunting freak as well. It surprises everybody. I'm truly bless to have it all. Thank you God! Now if I can just convince her to share all those guns with me.... :th_laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts