• Green

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this is going to be a complette newbie question.

The shop i am looking at getting a PS90 at has Black and Green to choose from. Owner says that is Rarer? I know that the color has no affect on the capablities of this rifle so beside shooter personal likes is there really a difference?

Thanks

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
No, it is the same gun. But there are much less black ones. And, when they first came out, they were only available in green. Everyone wished they were in black, and some people even dyed their green stocks black.

If U can get one in either color for the same price, get the black. It will probably have a higher resale value, and right now, most vendors are cahrging $50-$100 more for the black.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had to vote green to be different :wink:

Now that green is a choice and not the only color, I don't mind it. I kind of like the contrast of the green to the rest of the rifle.

I think it makes the rifle a little more PC looking which may be helpful if you ever have to defend using the rifle in court.

Now, if everyone buys or dyes black then green will be the collector color :D

If I get a PS90TR it will prolly be black.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
SwatDude said:
The black one is actually slightly more accurate.

...Just messin'!! :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SunsetSam said:
I think it makes the rifle a little more PC looking which may be helpful if you ever have to defend using the rifle in court.
Well, I can agree with that. But, with all the crap I have strapped to mine, it won't look PC no matter what I do. But, I don't think I would add a fake suppressor to it for the same reason U don't want a black one... I think that would "add" to the evilness of it if it showed up in ct for whatever reason.

·
Registered
34 Posts
thats funny...

thats pretty funny, most PS90's are green so everyone wants them to be black, and most AR-15's are black so everyone wants to paint them green... hmmm....

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Re: thats funny...

possumblaster said:
thats pretty funny, most PS90's are green so everyone wants them to be black, and most AR-15's are black so everyone wants to paint them green... hmmm....
Yes, I agree w/ U :p

I like some of the coyote brown/tan ARs :)

I think I'd like a PS90 in that color :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: thats funny...

possumblaster said:
Train coined it best in the song "Calling All Angels"...

"When what we want is only what we want... until it's ours"

·
Registered
47 Posts
I chose green, since it was the only color available. Within a few weeks, I found a nice tri-rail in black, for just a little more.

I keep telling myself the tri-rail should sell for less, since you have to come up with your own optics. Some day, I think the market will agree with me.

Still, no regrets. :D

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Someone on another forum told me that they saw a Tri-rail w/ Eotech on it and the fake supprossor for $2100 yesterday at the Houston gunshow. I almost went to that show, but I have nothing to buy right now anyway. And, I'm saving up for a target 22. My wife bribed me to stay home by being able to keep the cost of the trip (which I can apply to the gun I am saving for).

I guess w/ the Eotech, its not that bad of a deal. I mean, by the time I bought the mounting rails and my eotech, I was around $2000. That would give ya the fake suppressor for about $100....

Anyway, I don't regret buying mine. I had no idea how long the tri rail would take to hit the market - and the slight lowering of the top rail is not that big of a deal to me. In fact, it might have been too low for me. I am left eye dominate and right handed. I enjoy using my left eye for once... I've never been able to do that w/ a rifle before...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I will settle this ... green is the best color. A black gun is SO twentieth century. The times they are a'changin 8)

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
WRONG!
Get them both :)
To quote the movie Contact
"Why have one when you can have two for twice the price?"

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the green version and have become vary fond of the color. The green stock molding provides an real enviroment upgrade for cool brush and forest related cammo use or field tactical applications, Its harder to pick up in follage settings.

The Black is nice, i have had four seperate opertunities to buy one but have just refused to pay 100.00 to 200.00 more for a black TR model and get screwed by so called market demand or a more realitve reasons of FNH price marketing schemes. :twisted:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Green...2-tone is super-sexy.

After seeing what Reaper did with his photo shop, I want to put a nice tiger strip on it - if someone could synthesize it on the software.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts