FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me I'm new, I'm sure this has been brought up before.
I just put a black PS-90 on lay-a-way. Now, I have been reading on the PS-90 for a while and the way I understand it is, the black stocks are in limited production. Is that true? If so does anyone know how limited?

Thank you and I appologize if this is a redundant question.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
The greens are more available here in my area. But if you search here, you will find that the green can become black if you wish. I have enough black already... I like my greenie. (grin)

TA

·
Banned
41 Posts
of the 12 or so i have seen around here all have been black, i've never seen a green one in real life. personally i think the "limited" may be a bunch of marketing, trying to get people to run out and buy a black one "before they are gone".

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Sgt. 0811 said:
... the way I understand it is, the black stocks are in limited production. Is that true? If so does anyone know how limited?
To answer your question. NO
A year ago they were only available in a FN dealer stocking program. But no they are in full production along with the green stock from FN.
If your gun dealer is feeding you this line then have him call Bob from FNH and call his bluff.

A

·
0 Posts
When the weapon was first released, the PS90 was only availale in green. The black came many months later. Maybe that is why it is called "limited."

I think I read somewhere that only 1000 or 2000 black ones were made. At least on the initial run. That was probably only the first batch, and then maybe they decided to keep making them.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Bonedust said:
after a year of gunshows, gunshops, and private dealers...i still have yet to see a gree stock in person. weird.
tell me about it. after looking for a green one for 2 months i finially settled for a black one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think they are "limited" the same way the Rumble Bee Rams are "limited" from Dodge. They "limit" them to anyone who is willing to pay the extra $ for the cosmetics. Although, somehow mine seems to shoot better since I dyed it black........ :D

-LY

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Lone Yankee said:
I think they are "limited" the same way the Rumble Bee Rams are "limited" from Dodge. They "limit" them to anyone who is willing to pay the extra $ for the cosmetics.
+1

Great Analogy

·
Registered
79 Posts
About July of last year, Green was the abudent one. Black was very rare at that time. Now, it seems like I see more black PS90 than Green PS90 on any auction site and forum classified.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Agree with all. "Limited" just a marketing gimmick. Prices initially $2,000.00 but now $1,500.00. Similar to the "limited" HK Mark 23, only 1,500 to civilian market and see what happened! All manufacturers seem to have "limited" production runs but, realistically, it is a way to move product quickly. Call me synical.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All that I have seen are green ones. Naturally that makes me want a black one. I do have an UZI that has OD green stocks so a green one would make a nice matched set. I still want to see the black one.
-watchin-

1 - 20 of 22 Posts