FN Herstal Firearms banner

Blast Jacket muzzle device

5K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Willie Lowman 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#3 ·
  • CALIBER: FITS AND FUNCTIONS ON RIFLES THAT ARE COMPATIBLE WITH EITHER 7.62 OR 5.56 BI-LOCK QM (308 AND BELOW)
  • ATTACHMENT: GEMTECH BI-LOCK SYSTEM
  • LENGTH: 2.55" (64.8MM)
  • DIAMETER: 1.5" (38MM)
  • WEIGHT: 3.6 OUNCES (102G)
  • MATERIALS: 6AL-4V TITANIUM CONSTRUCTION WITH A286 OR STAINLESS STEEL SPRING
  • FINISH: CERAKOTE BLACK AND FDE
  • ACCURACY: NO POI SHIFT
  • SOUND SUPPRESSION (MIL-STD 1474D): 0 dB REDUCTION
  • SERVICE LIFE: GREATER THAN 25,000 ROUNDS WITH PROPER MAINTENANCE OF QUICK MOUNT DEVICE

#7 ·
So run a brake to keep muzzle movment to minimum. Now put something over it's ports to direct the gases forward. This affects the brakes effectiveness, as it blocks the gases from the intended path to reduce the muzzle movement, and sends it forward again.

I say it's a waste, other than it kills all that dust kicking up on the sides. But remove the brake, and you will do the same thing, without spending all that money.

And if you are running the bi-lock because you have a suppressor, just put it on. Problem solved, and its quieter...

#9 ·
I'm glad the internet works!
We can all see where products get some feedback/backlash.
I see a whole lot pop up online, and I like to see and hear the opinions flow, even if I take the whipping for posting it. :spank:

#10 ·
In the end, wouldn't it be nice to see the product actually ran on the Scar 17s even if it sucked?
-It's science, and I FN love it!

We learn from experience and trials, especially from those who failed before us.

#11 ·
I can see a use for it. I would run this over the noveske Pig on an SBR. Which scenerio? Hunting. Especially on a 300blk platform. That is if you are in a state that doesn't allow suppressed hunting. Basically I see this as a valid replacement for the pig/KX3. FWIW.

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy
#13 ·
I find something like this much more attractive than the noveske offerings which people seem to love. Why? Because it can be removed and used in conjunction with your recoil reducing brake. When you are out in the open and sound js no issue you dont need it. Griffin armament has a similar one that fits the taper brake i just installed on my 17s. I am considering one for quick trips to my nearest range which is an indoor range where the bench has enclosed walls very close to you, the concussive wave bouncing back off that wall often leaves me with an almost dizzying headache after 50 rds or so. Or even at my outdoor range, lets say it's way crowded and a dad teaching his young'n's how to shoot is camped on the bench next to me. I would throw this on to direct the concussive blast forward. I would not want to spoil someones range trip. I understand it interferes with the muzzle brakes intended affect on muzzle climb but i do see situations arising where it would be nice to have, especially in a non suppressor friendly state. Thays jusy me though, ymmv

#14 ·
I think it would reduce some(not all) of the effects of a brake. The brake would still function if there's a bit of space between the device and the brake and it appears there is. Personally I hate brakes though so not useful for me. I can see its use in situation like the video or when a suppressor can't be used.
Most importantly, gotta say I love the pic with tactical cat! Way more useful than said device!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Some of us use brake/mounts on SBRs to act as a easily replaceable blast baffle. It has nothing to do with the muzzle break reducing recoil. Sometimes we want to shoot without our suppressor and not deal with the obnoxious blast of a muzzle brake on a 10" barrel. And so the suppliers have stepped forward to meet the demand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.