FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe its best for less barrel wear, but it really cannot compare to ss195. Its alot more dirty and shoots lower , but has some decent accuracy. All in all the 195 seem best to me, but I read it has a short primer shelf life . Not a problem .

·
Registered
268 Posts
Fiocchi says they do not use lead-free primers in their SS197, but the SS197 I have has silver colored primers like SS195LF. Anyhow, Fiocchi said that they give a 5 year shelf life for the lead-free primers to "cover their a$$" legally so to speak, but according to the techs, as long as you store them in a cool dry place, they will last as long as lead-based primers. I posted a link to a Canadian report on Wikipedia's 5.7x28 page on lead-free ammo and the Fiocchi lead-free ammo were all listed with 5 year shelf lives.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. It would seem to me that the ss195 bullet is what is causing the shelf-life of the lead free primers due to the reaction . Fiocchi are lead bullets . Let me say I dont know much about this as I cant keep 5.7 long enough to spoil anyway..

·
Registered
268 Posts
SS195LF uses a lead-free bullet (alum core) AND a lead-free primer.
Fiocchi's SS197 uses a lead core bullet and a lead-based primer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
AMMO TYPES AND VELOCITIES

For all of y'alls information----this guy out in Kentucky has Blue-Tipped SS197 for sale for $17.00 per box of 50; Minimum of 10 Boxes. $9.00 for shipping

Check it out:

Midwest Distributors
1-859-743-0647
[email protected]

This is the cheapest that I have seen Blue Tipped SS197 as of yet. Anyone have any other leads on cheap ammo?

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Local pawn shop in Orem has them for $16.50 now. He told me if I get a case of 1000 he would let me have it at $14.00 a box.

Anyone interested, I will post the contact.

-TH

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thermallator said:
Local pawn shop in Orem has them for $16.50 now. He told me if I get a case of 1000 he would let me have it at $14.00 a box.
Anyone interested, I will post the contact.
-TH
If this is SS197 (and not SS196) then I'm interested.
Tomac

·
Registered
569 Posts
Gave them a call today and they only have a few boxes selling for $25/ea.
Tomac

Reactions: JMike
1 - 10 of 10 Posts