FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find a blue/trainer gun for the fnx45 tactical. While deciding which holster I want to modify, I figured I should see if any of the holsters i currently have will fit. Well, I found one. The holster for my Taurus 24/7 oos 9mm fit like a glove. So right I didn't think it was going to come out.

I don't want to risk and damage to my fnx45t while trying to expand the holster. I figure I would use a blue/trainer gun as a mold after hearing the holster. If anyone knows where i can find one that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I searched their site and did not put a dash so I didn't think they made one. I'll report back after i try a few modification with the blue gun
20150909_232250_resized.jpg 20150909_232402_resized.jpg 20150909_232423_resized.jpg

·
Registered
371 Posts
Why not just get one from Bravo Concealment? The retention on their holsters is perfect. I picked up one that would fit my light. They also give you the option for threaded barrel and RMR.

·
Registered
980 Posts
If you're using a kydex-type holster, a heat gun (like those used to remove tile from the floor, aided by a scraper) will soften the holster materials enough to tweak it a bit, using the real gun, and do so without any risk of damage to the gun. (Harbor Freight typically has one for under $10 that will do the job -- I've done it a number of times over the years.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts