FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I ordered some blued magazines for my new FNP-9.

I think I ordered them off of a Forum-sponsored site: Bud's Gun Shop

I was curious, if anyone has had any experience with these magazines yet?

They have a different look, as far as grooves and shape go.

Hoping they work.

New to these forums as well.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/17135

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
It was likely a factory FNP mag - as I do not think anyone else is making mags for the gun.

Instead of being silver metal - it would just be made out of blue steel.

Most magazines are made that way - some use nickel plated instead.

·
Registered
107 Posts
TaylorTAP said:
Can somebody clue me in on what a blued magazine actually does? I'm a gun owning newb and I appreciate the help.
IMO and maybe most others, just one thing over stainless, no light (Sun) reflection. The last thing you want in a "combat" weapon is anything shining off of it. I have a stainless .45 and it sure wasn't my 1st choice, but I couldn't find black, one day it will be black... All in all stainless mags again IMO is the better choice and it would be a perfect choice if it was blackened stainless, stainless mags are very smoooooooth and will slip right in with no lubricate (wow that doesn't look good in type does it :oops: ) .

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I ordered two "blued" mags from Bud's a few months back. Same price as stainless and I thought I'd give 'em a try. Well, when they came, they were stainless. I wasn't complaining though (since I found out blued mags tend to rust quicker and are generally need more maintainance). I don't think FN makes blued mags for the FNP series. Although, that looks like it might be a different picture, though I'm not 100% sure since it was a while ago. I guess you'll find out when you get them.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Yes, I have never seen blue steel FNP mags either - but as someone claimed they ordered them, I just assumed they were some new variation.
I ordered them, but I got stainless steel ones which leads me to believe there aren't any blued ones out there. I would also think they would look just like the stainless ones except for finish of course, but the supplied sample photo does not quite look right. At first I thought it might be a mag for the 49, but that one is even more different.

·
Registered
8 Posts
MrSteve said:
TaylorTAP said:
Can somebody clue me in on what a blued magazine actually does? I'm a gun owning newb and I appreciate the help.
IMO and maybe most others, just one thing over stainless, no light (Sun) reflection. The last thing you want in a "combat" weapon is anything shining off of it. I have a stainless .45 and it sure wasn't my 1st choice, but I couldn't find black, one day it will be black...
With all due respect, I don't see this as an issue. It's pretty unlikely a surviving bad guy won't know where you're at after dodging a 15+ of your shots, only to finally locate you by the glint off your magazine reload.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm waiting to receive three additional SS mags from Midway. Personally, I prefer nickel or SS flush-fit mags. I also have a S&W 915 which uses SS 59 series factory mags that are compatible with my Kel-Tec S2K, and P-11. So I stocked up on them.

Now, if Mec-Gar would gear-up and produce their high-quality aftermarket mags for the Taurus 24/7, and FNP pistols, I'd be one happy camper, because their 17 round and flush-fit 18 round mags work better in my PT99 than the original factory mags.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This email exchange I had with FNH today may help:
Lee,

On the FNP 9/40 magazines, none are Blued!

Contact the following for Spare Magazines:

Bart’s @ 410-761-8686

Thank you!

Bob Ailes

Customer Support Manager

703-288-3500 ext. 122

[email protected]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:09 AM
To: Robert Ailes
Subject: FW: Confusing Web Pages
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 9:07 AM
To: GL_FNHUSA_Sales; GL_FNHUSA_Advertising
Subject: Confusing Web Pages

Would you please answer these two questions for me?

I've just purchased a FNP-40 and would like to get two more 14 capacity magazines. Please look at the two web pages from your website.

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?mid=FNM0119&cid=FNC02&gid=FNG009&fid=FNF025 14 round capacity? #47306

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?mid=FNM0076&cid=FNC02&gid=FNG009&fid=FNF025 10 round capacity? #47305

Read across the bottom line of each and note the "magazine capacity" discrepancy. Probably should fix that, but my 1st question is...is #47306 really the 14 round capacity?

I've looked on the web at a number of aftermarket websites and they show a blued magazine.

One example: htthttp://www.cheaperthandirt.com/17137-36.htmlp:// Yet they say it's "factory original".

Obviously, the pictures on the FNH webite are not blued.

Question 2 is where can I get non-blued magazines? Can I purchase directly from you? Oops, that was 3 questions.

Thanks for your help.

Lee Lewis

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
aermotor said:
Anyone try some super tough matte black spray paint or Duracoat?
Considered it, but have not gotten around to it yet. I don't think it would be an issue though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
MrSteve said:
TaylorTAP said:
IMO and maybe most others, just one thing over stainless, no light (Sun) reflection. The last thing you want in a "combat" weapon is anything shining off of it. I have a stainless .45 and it sure wasn't my 1st choice, but I couldn't find black, one day it will be black... All in all stainless mags again IMO is the better choice and it would be a perfect choice if it was blackened stainless, stainless mags are very smoooooooth and will slip right in with no lubricate (wow that doesn't look good in type does it :oops: ) .
:-D
everyone keep your daughters away from this guy!

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
hairypolack said:
MrSteve said:
TaylorTAP said:
:-D
everyone keep your daughters away from this guy!
I don't know how I let that one go :-x :-D :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.