1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Can anyone recommend any up to date books or good videos on learning how to reload? I am currently looking at amazon's website and have found several books but I am unsure which ones I should go with.

These are the ones I have found thus far:

The ABCs Of Reloading

Hornady 9th Edition Handbook Of Cartridge Reloading

Lyman 49th Edition Reloading Handbook

Beginner's Guide To Reloading Ammunition

Thanks!
I have the lyman and the hornady book. Really good resources to have. As with any knowledge as much source as you can have the better. If you can get all of them do and read them . They will all give some insight

·
Registered
362 Posts
The ABCs of reloading is good to get an idea of the process. I would recommend getting a couple of bullet manufactures books as well. Hornady and Nosler are both good.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hornady 9th edition is one of the best, once you start reloading you will want to get others Sierra or what ever brand bullets you are going to use.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys for the info! Sounds like I should read all that I can get my hands on.

@Hairtrigger Thank you very much for the offer! Unfortunately, I will have to decline as I am unsure about giving out my address out to a stranger on the internet. (nothing personal)

·
Administrator
11,352 Posts
Good list. The ABCs of reloading gives a comprehensive overview of reloading. Along with the ABCs, I have the Lymans, Hornady, and Lee with some other minor books. I like the Hornady, Lyman and Lee books. With these three, I get a varied look at what I'm loading and can usually find whatever I need. If I can't find it there, a quick call to the powder manufacturers ballistics lab will result in all the info I need.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I have the Lee, Speer, and Hornady books. I like the way the Hornady book is laid out best. The max loads are outlined in red..nice and bright! The lee book probably has the most loads for the cartridges i reload, and the Speer book i got just to have a third refference....like HK said those three should just about cover everything. I particularly enjoyed the history of the company's that are usually at the beginning of the books.... they make great... um... "library" reading.:wink:

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Can anyone recommend any up to date books or good videos on learning how to reload? I am currently looking at amazon's website and have found several books but I am unsure which ones I should go with.

These are the ones I have found thus far:

The ABCs Of Reloading

Hornady 9th Edition Handbook Of Cartridge Reloading

Lyman 49th Edition Reloading Handbook

Beginner's Guide To Reloading Ammunition

Thanks!
All of them, The more the better as you will be able to cross reference loads and no one manual carries all options for loading different calibers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
+1 for the ABC's of Reloading!!! Very good read and full of information.

From there I would get the Hornady and then the Lyman reloading manuals!

Mel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts