FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
On the recommendation of someone else a while back, I bought a Bushnell Laser Boresighter - I think it was $35.99.

The laser does move a bit depending on how U rotate the boresighter - but it did get me on the paper at 50 yards on the 1st shot - I was about 4 inches off at 10 o'clock. Good enough.

I didn't wanna spend a ton of money. And, I figured w/o it, I'd spend at least the same amount in ammunition trying to get there...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I had heard of that way - but this is my 1st rifle. This seemed the best way to do it to me. Still seemed like it would come out better.

Everyone can do it how they like :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
I wondered if those bore sighter lasers were any good.

I usualy just use the trial and error method.

- Shoot
- adjust sight
- repeat

It always works

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I thought it worked decently. I think a more expensive one probably would have been closer on the target. But, to hit the paper at 50 yards to behind with wasn't bad.

I had taken the receiver out of the stock, put it on a table, and gestimated 50 yards as the sun went down one night. That's how I zeroed it. The red laser won't be visible in the daytime.

There must have been a lot of mist in the air that night that I did it, because I was able to see the red beam itself as I used the bore sighter.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you guys think of those Laserlyte bore sights?
Seems to be the only one I can get my hands on around here.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Never tried that one. I ordered mine from the net.

Months ago, I thought I read that some people had some issues with some brands not working with the built in muzzle break on the barrel. 1 guy stated the Bushnell version worked fine for him, so I just bought that to be safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts